Gothic Mages in Gothic 1

Sparow

Watcher
Can somebody give me the names of all the mages in gothic 1?

O.k Sparow, here's the full list, head mage at the top.

Firemages
Corristo
Torrez
Drago
Damarok
Rodriguez
Milten

Watermages
Saturas
Riordian
Nefarius
Myxir
Merdarion
Cronos

....and not forgetting Xardas of course

Just on a side note, Xardas was never "the" thirteenth magician, that was Milten who filled in when Xardas left the old camp...still a magician. Furthermore, if our nameless hero becomes a mage then you would have *fourteen* magicians in Gothic at one time.

Piranha Bytes admitted they made a mistake regarding the number of mages. There's 13 mages in the colony, however Milten joined after the barrier was created, which they didn't think about when creating the intro that explains how 13 magicians created the barrier. The fact is - 12 mages made the barrier, not 13.

The problem with a game like Gothic that has such a hardcore fanbase, is that the fans analyze every rock and spot in the game, so any and all flaws will be discovered. There are a few such flaws in the Gothic games, especially between G1 and G2 (clearly G2 was not planned when they wrote the ending of G1), but all in all I'd say the continuity is very strong compared to most series, considering we've only been able to dig up a handful of mistakes.

Wasn't Xardas the 13th magician? Who controlled the hole thing? I just saw the G1 movie saw I remember him saying that very clearly. Milten never had anything to do with the creation of the barrier. Xardas was a firemage at the moment of creation

can somebody also give me a list of all the mages in gothic 2 and gothic 2 notr?

Wasn't Xardas the 13th magician? Who controlled the hole thing? I just saw the G1 movie saw I remember him saying that very clearly. Milten never had anything to do with the creation of the barrier. Xardas was a firemage at the moment of creation

no because there were only 12 mages before milten joined the mages so there couldn't be more than 12 mages that made the barrier

That's the misstake PB made, Titus. They call Xardas the 13th magician, despite there only being 12 at the time the barrier was created. Milten joined later.

Gothic 2: NotR
Fire magicians
Pyrokar
Hyglas
Marduk
Parlan
Karras
Serpentas
Isgorath
Neoras
Gorax
Ulthar
Talamon
Daron
Milten

Water magicians
Vatras
Saturas
Riordian
Nefarius
Myxir
Merdarion
Cronos

Black magicians
Xardas
A nameless fellow only called Black Magician at the entrance to the undead dragon.

About the mages who created the Barrier, there had to be 6 from CoF and 6 from CoW to keep a balance. And they were all coordinated by Xardas the Necromancer, a member of the CoF at that time. So if Milten became a convict after the Barrier was created and was thrown inside the Barrier along with Diego, Lester and Gorn, as we know from the Gothic Comic, there was probably another Fire Mage which wasn't in the game. Maybe he just died and this is why the hero never meets him.:)

This one is confusing. The only mage shown creating the barrier is wearing a standard water mage robe. Right before the hero is sent into the colony a mage wearing a high robe of fire gives him the letter. We can assume the hero is getting thrown in much later.

Later, Saturas notes that 12 mages alone created the barrier. At least five of them would have been at the focus points. He also states that all the mages used to be together in the old camp until they "split into the circles of fire and water." There are several conclusions you could draw. Xardas was their leader but was merely a guide and in true management style didn't do any of the hard work. Xardas knew of the dark arts before the barrier was created (noted in G2). However, he didn't pursue it greatly until Gomez started getting dangerous. In G2 you find it fairly certain Xardas was originally a fire mage.

Milten isn't really relevant, he was just interested in magic when he was thrown in and joined the fire mages. Technically the Guru's are mages too, they were just manipulated by the Sleeper/Beliar to create their magic.

This leaves you with a missing mage fire mage. Maybe he was one of the scouts sent to contact Xardas that never came back.

Wait, how do we have a missing fire mage now? There are 5 fire mages in the old camp (plus Milten, but he wasn't there when the barrier was made) and Xardas, who is the 6th firemage. Those six and the 6 water mages = 12 mages who made the barrier.

Wait, how do we have a missing fire mage now? There are 5 fire mages in the old camp (plus Milten, but he wasn't there when the barrier was made) and Xardas, who is the 6th firemage. Those six and the 6 water mages = 12 mages who made the barrier.

VPeric is correct I believe. I think a lot of people forgot about the fact that Xardas didn't leave the Fire Mages until after the creation of the barrier.

yes! what VPertic said is correct! as JDR said, Xardas left the Fire Mages after the creation of the barrier! He states that he knew the way of getting out was black magic!

As Saturas states, 12 magicians created the barrier, but they were guided by a 13th magician, Xardas.

I agree with Maylander's previous comments though, it was just a 'late in the game' story error.

Here's the direct quote from Saturas:

"Well when we, the 12 magicians, created the barrier back then, our magic powers were directed and controlled by a 13th magician." "All this took place before we were divided into the circles of fire and water."

That means there were 13 total mages trapped in the barrier, so someone else used to be in Milten's place.

I think this has already been discussed at the Dot for ages. Some thought Yberion was the 12th mage, while Xardas controlled everything. Others thought PB just made a mistake. Other suggested the mage died and so Milten took his place.

YB is a possibility, like I said, the guru's are mages too.

So maybe Y'berion was legit before he struck up with the cheeba and started sleepin' late.

Hasn't anyone ever asked the answer at PB them self?

Back
Top Bottom