- About TheWharfMaster
- Real name
- Richie T
- Michigan, in the UP
- About Me
- I suppose id call myself a game enthusiast. Always been a little competitive, anything from board games, video games, tabletop dice games, ive always enjoyed the freedom and creativity of gaming, deciding myself a pretty creative person, I took a particular liking to tabletop roleplaying, to which my buddies and I, beginning years back, began to craft our own world, and our own set of rules to play with, and discovered the passion of rpg games. Now at 19 years old I have a fantasy rpg nearly ready to publish (quite far from it actually, but with good pace), visions of a video game rendition of our world, driven by a love for media gaming, and many other games spanning many popular genres. I found RPGWatch through a random google search about open world rpgs, and found one of the members asking a question ive been asking for years: Why is there no competition in the first person, open-world rpg market? As far as we can tell there is none, almost only Bethesda games! With many more arcade-like, third person rpgs on the market, one begins to wonder do the game developers even know what the people want? Ill save for the lengthy Bio for many, many posts to come. This is my first forum site that I see myself being active on, please excuse me learning the etiquette, but I look forward to sharing ideas with many of you on this wonderful site of seekers. Seekers of the greatest game to be made. I come to you now, at the turn of the tide, with a game so mighty it would dare be the only game on your shelf! For within its flesh lies so much replayability, so many dynamic encounters, and a world that exists With you, not around you! Behold…MYTH
- Things I like
- Games, strategy, creation, music, herbs and shaman healing, art, smoking, science, education, business, good ideas, community and teamwork
- Favorite RPGs
- Dark souls, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim (but not of late, def. the game where the series fell through), Civilization Rev. is a sweet game, Far cry games are great
- Favorite MMOs
- WoW, played some Runescape for a couple years, Runes of Magic (WoW twin)
- Favorite Non-RPGs
- I guess this is where Civ Rev and Far Cry would go. But then you ask, what defines an RPG really? Arent you playing a role in just about every game? Thereby making it a roleplaying game? An age old argument.
- Favorite movies
- Ohh boy, Braveheart, each Lord of the Rings movie, The Crow, Clerks, all those old Adam Sandler movies, 300, Alexander and Troy, there are just so many great movies. Honestly, get Netflix and watch a bunch of documentaries. Those things are awesome.
- Favorite music
- Mastodon, Primus, Lamb of God, Bob Marley, Pinback, Beck, White stripes,
- Favorite books
- Wheel of Time, such a huge series, only dipped my toes in. Therer so many good book series id love to get into, only when the time presents itself.
- System Specifications
- Console, some computer games, but with a focus on console games. Tabletop roleplaying as well.
- "Every man dies. Not every man truly lives."