Antharion - Back on Kickstarter

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Antharion is back on Kickstarter again. After the first try where they came $1,190 short in order to reach their goal of $15,000 they are now asking for $10,000 and have currently already collected 20% of that amount.
Antharion is a hard-core dungeon crawling turn-based RPG set in a vast and interactive fantasy world that encourages player exploration. What sets Antharion apart from other RPGs is how faithfully it recreates the experience of classics like Ultima, Wizardry and Pool of Radiance. Antharion combines an immense open world, deep tactical turn-based combat and a rich character creation system, with the distinctive look and feel of a traditional Western RPG. Antharion wants to breathe new life into an old genre.

On Antharion's first Kickstarter campaign.

Our first try at Kickstarter failed at 92%, but that’s not the whole story. We’d done a total of just 5% in the week leading up to that day. In the last few hours of the project, our backers just went nuts driving funding progress up from 73% to 92%. You’d think that with just hours left to go, and 27% still needed, that they’d feel hopeless and just give up. Instead, they kept going, upgrading their pledges and pulling in tons of new backers, eventually we the day with a gain of 19%. It was just amazing, it’s hard to express in words how that made us feel. We’ve been working on this thing for over a year, never really knowing if anyone else would actually be interested in it other than ourselves. Just to find out that there were so many people out there who believe in what we’re doing was a really amazing feeling.
More information.

Now that they reduced the head size and I can identify myself with the gameworld I also backed the project with 20$. Glad that they did this step.

How to win at Kickstarter:

1. Reduce head size
2. Receive money.

I'm not getting my head shrunk for less than $1,000,000 :)

They are almost half-way right now to their current goal so I think they will surpass their original goal also.

Last edited:
Very happy about this.

The Pig transmutation spell reminds me of the 80's flick Willow...

Queen Bavmorda: "You're not warriors. You're pigs PIGS! YOU'RE ALL PIGS! PIGS!"

Pledged, I'm a sucker for beholders. Hope the camera doesn't jump around in the finished product like it does in the video.

Looks better. Still a bit cartoonish for my taste, but better.

I think they should change necrophil to necromancer. Necrophil is just.. well, disgusting, much too similar to necrophile and i doubt that's really the role of this class.

nice to see it up again.. too bad they're not over 9000 yet so i could post some "it's over 9000!!!!!" meme ;)

Necrophil? Yeah thats nasty!

Now that they have posted character creation, I'd really like to see NPC dialogs in action, quest assignments, journals, map system, level up etc. I think that would make a fantastic update (assuming that has all been coded up).

Hey guys, thanks for all of your support! We posted a video update detailing character creation for those of you interested.

I aksed about magic weapons as being a stretch goal...since they have come back no mention of crafting.

The Watch should get an interview with these guys.

I'd be happy with enchantment slots on armor and weapons. The Devine Divinity and Geneforge/Avadon series take that approach. Simple, fun and effective. All you need are the FX for the bonus weapon damage ;)

Back
Top Bottom