Tabula Rasa - Re-review @ Eurogamer

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Eurogamer seem to like doing re-reviews since they opened up the MMO portion of their site. This time Tabula Rasa gets 7/10.
Yet it's also, by many accounts, a commercial disaster. Server populations are low, there was talk of guilds defecting from the game within months of launch, and despite a strong denial from publishers NCsoft, a Korean newspaper piece slamming the game as an expensive failure for the firm elicited a nod-and-wink "no smoke without fire" response from many quarters.
In public, NCsoft remains completely supportive of Tabula Rasa - dedicated to a programme of ongoing improvement and upgrades, and even to an expansion pack down the line. Privately, however, the company must be asking itself where it all went wrong.
More information.

It all could have been avoided if they asked themselves the question, "What have you done for me lately LB?" before giving him the money.

Maybe they should try turning this into an SP game to limit the "complete" failure to an "no-so-complete" failure ? ;)

And yes, I know that this is difficult. I wasn't "totally" serious with this, either.

Rob Fahey did give The Burning Crusade 10/10 though.

Back
Top Bottom