What games are you playing now?

txa1265

SasqWatch
Just finished the NWN mod Wyvern Crown of Cormyr and working through Crimson_Tides_of_Tethyr, and just starting the 3rd person shooter El Matador on the PC.

Getting into Godfather Mob Wars on the PSP, Monster House on the DS, and Unfabulous on the GBA.

...um... Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Rider, for about the 5000th time. But I'm waiting for my copy of Dark Messiah, about the only game I preordered...

Gothic II (still in chapter II)
Rome: Total War (getting better at it!)
Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring (finishing it up)

The Temple of Elemental Evil + co8 mod
Company of Heroes MP

Tactics Ogre: The knights of Lodis (fun part is Lodis means bum in swedish).
Ultima V: Lazarus
Heroes of Annihilated Empires - heartily recommended!

How is Tactics Ogre? I can trade for it, but am holding back because it is so rare that it becomes 'expensive'.

How is Tactics Ogre? I can trade for it, but am holding back because it is so rare that it becomes 'expensive'.

It's all great fun if you're into Turnbased Stategy with some rpg elements, more on the fun (let's just do one more mission before I sleep!) side than super serious stuff like Jagged Alliance. It's a great world were you're allowed to like both kinds of games - which I do... :)

I'm stuck in Wyvern Crown of Cormyr. The part where you storm the castle -- I can't succeed. I either bolt past the orcs and make it into the castle, only to be mobbed, or I take out the orcs and they send up the warning signal. However, maybe I need to let that happen.

Anyway, that's what I'm playing. I'm also still doing a bit of Kingmaker, as I never finished it.

Company of Heroes MP

Game of the Year, IMO. Such a great game with an awesome atmosphere, even though I got an ugly bug today, as a result of which I couldn't bomb the enemy base :(. However, this is the first time in a month that I've come across a single bug, so it's forgiven. Graphics are beyond words too and the audio is just pure heaven. It's a must for everyone!

I've heard great things ... but I really don't like RTS - I reviewed DragonShard and SW:Empire at War (two of my fave licenses, BTW) and by the end I was *done* with RTS ....

I've heard great things ... but I really don't like RTS - I reviewed DragonShard and SW:Empire at War (two of my fave licenses, BTW) and by the end I was *done* with RTS ....

I must say that both of those titles you mentioned s**k a**. Sorry, I'm not the swearing type, but they are really that bad :( You should definitely give CoH a try, you're gonna love it, it has some welcome change to the typical - and boring - RTS formula of "mine stuff-build stuff-and-rush".

I recommend that you check out some reviews first so that you get the overall picture. This is not a traditional RTS, it's way better than most of the RTS games released lately. If anything, you can compare it to WH40K Dawn of War, primarily because the same team developed both games.

If anything, you can compare it to WH40K Dawn of War, primarily because the same team developed both games.
I have played the demos for warhammer - it is the genre I don't like. I've watched the video clips for CoH and have filed it under 'great games I'll never play - and that is ok'.

I have played the demos for warhammer - it is the genre I don't like. I've watched the video clips for CoH and have filed it under 'great games I'll never play - and that is ok'.

You sound like someone who cannot be converted. Ehh, so be it, then ;)

I never say never ... as I did a huge list of Adventure games earlier this year (Fahrenheit, Keepsake, Daemonica, Scratches, Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, etc ) which I thought I was done with after Myst and Journeyman Project on the Mac about 14 years ago ...

But with my list through the end of the year ... not likely ;)

Gothic III
World of Warcraft
Company of Heroes

three top-quality games :)

COH is on my short list, and i still have to play Winter Assault (which is sitting on my shelf) before I can in any good conscience buy Dark Crusade. Relic is great, im so impressed just by what I've played of the first Warhammer title and the COH demo. That's why I'm somewhat worried about another potentially good Warhammer RTS coming up, Mark of Chaos. Why am I worried? Because they arent making it.
Relic is the next Blizzard IMHO.

TXa, hook me up with a link or point me in the general direction of your Dragonshard review. Curious what you thought of it, i liked the game myself as im sure you know by now.

Last edited:
Just begun Icewind Dale 2, after being fortunate in finding an unofficial patch that corrected a bug preventing me from even leaving the character creation screen. So far it's good, but I hope it doesn't turn into a straight hack & slash like the first ID.
Warhammer - Dark Crusade. No experience whatsoever with this mad universe but I'm finding the game very good, so much that I left Company of Heroes aside for now.
Just went through the Call of Duty games (except for the United Offensive expansion), great fun, with the first one in my opinion much better than the sequel.
I'm itching to play an old game, The Magic Candle, perhaps, but that'll have to wait.

I must say that both of those titles you mentioned s**k a**.
I beg to differ on Dragonshard. It was good fun and had a few very interesting twists on the genre.

If anything, you can compare it to WH40K Dawn of War, primarily because the same team developed both games.

I'd say there's a heavy influence from the Kohan series as well. A remarkably deep and different RTS in it's own right.

NoTR for now and PREY as soon as the reservoir for my new system comes in next week.

Not going to buy G3 until they get the game all tweaked out…running and playing like a Gothic game should. :rolleyes:

- Battlefield 2 (every now and then, trying to advance in rank still)
- Call of Juarez (nicely done Western shooter)
- Gothic III (just fooling around now and waiting for patches before really getting into it)
- KotOR II (just finished part 1 recently and casually playing no. 2)
- Thief III (picked this up from the bargain bin for EUR 9.90 the other day and am pleasantly surprised... it kind of got dragged down together with DXIW but it seems like it's better than its rep)

Back
Top Bottom