Legend of Grimrock - Releasing in April

Dhruin

SasqWatch
As teased last week, Almost Human has set a release date for Legend of Grimrock...well, almost. The game will launch in "early April" through an unidentified vendor who required an NDA:
We know you’re all anxious to hear about the release plans and as you probably already saw in the big poster above, we’re finally able to tell you something concrete: The PC version of Legend of Grimrock will be released in early April and we are going to start preorders a few weeks before launch. That said, we have signed NDAs so we are not allowed to tell the exact date and distribution platforms just yet but rest assured that everything is now in good hands.
To celebrate this Antti and Juho have kindly setup a forum. Discussions should certainly be a lot easier there than in the blog comments.
So we’re not done just yet but close! So, what’s up next? There’s still a few bugs to fix and testers are still finding stuff to polish. We are also going to do the long overdue site migration to a more powerful server with more bandwidth over the next two weeks. Biggest of all we are going to freeze the code and content pretty soon, build our first release candidate and start the final round of testing. We hope to get the RC out of the oven to testers sometime next week. And before you ask, beta testing is still closed so no need to apply for beta testing, thank you
icon_smile.gif

So that’s it, see you on the forums!
Thanks to Von Paulus and screeg for writing in.
More information.

I hope we will have an option to be able to buy LoG directly from Almost Human's website and we can activate the game with a serial like in Spiderweb Games or Frayed Knights. I really don't like to use Steam or other digital vendors (except gog.com of course) because of their client programs.

I have the boxed copies of Fallout: NV, War in the North and KoA:Reckoning, but I have installed pirated copies in my system because of denying the installation of client programs from these digital vendors.

Anyway, watching LoG videos arouse the nostalgic feeling in me, each time I watch these I remember the first time I played EoB2. So this game is a must buy.

I remember playing Ultima III and thinking how cool it would be if they could really make the dungeons look real instead of the single color walls. A few years later that idea had come to life with Dungeonmaster on the Atari ST. After that I played every game of that style I could find - Bloodwych, Galdregons Domain, The Black Crypt, and the Eye of the Beholder series. Then it seemed after EOB3 that style of play just dried up, everything going from step by step to fluid motion. Orcs and Elves and Etrian Odyssey on the Nintendo DS are the only similar games I have played in years so I have been waiting for Legend of Grimrock since I first laid eyes on it. One more month, great news!

Back
Top Bottom