Diablo 3 Expansion - 5 Ways To Improve the Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamerhorizon has a new article were they give five ways the expansion could improve upon its predecessor.

I might be in the minority here, but I actually enjoyed Diablo III. Sure, it had its issues—hence this list—but overall I found a lot to enjoy about Blizzard’s third game in the Diablo series. Since the game’s launch I have played around 225 hours and I have a couple of level 60 characters. Granted, that’s not all that impressive compared to the elite of the Diablo III community that have managed not only to get multiple characters to level 60, but to also level up an additional 100 times through the Paragon system! Still, I think I’ve played my fair share of the game, so here are 5 ways I hope the Diablo III expansion pack will be an improvement upon its predecessor

More information.

Last edited:
The loot thing is by far the biggest issue with D3 imo. The fact that they redesigned the system for the console release speaks volumes about the issue. It's quite clear the new item drop system was designed around the AH and a vast majority of drops were complete garbage to encourage players to use it. It's possible to solo and never play the AH, I did it, but it's far from ideal. It's like soloing in PoE; it can be done, but you're hamstringing yourself. Considering that the addictiveness of dungeons crawlers stems from drops and building an ultimate character, the changes really undermined an important foundation of the game.

Hard for me to really articulate the issue I see here. I know they've overhauled Legendary items since I quit, but if it's still possible that a very lucky random blue drop is better, it seems idiotic to me. Granted, D2 still become a grind for gear, but you knew where to go for it. There was some kind of structure and direction. You knew what boss you had to farm to get a piece, and once you got it, you could check that piece off as BIS. D3 added a huge dose of completely uncontrollable random luck. It feels like the never ending gear treadmill in MMOs (due to never ending patches/expansions) but without the added benefit of new content. No matter how much time & effort you put in, you'll never be done. Rather than having a clearly identifiable goal, you just continue to muddle through over and over.

Edit: I suppose saying it feels unrewarding is the best description. Having specific loot tables on bosses adds structure but even random loot games like PoE and TL 2 feel more rewarding with much more useful, and frequent, drops. The time between worthwhile, exciting drops in D3, were mind numbingly painful.

Last edited:
- remove forced online
- remove RMAH
- remove AH
- add content that's less repetitive
- remove panda-like dumbing down (although managing to dumb down ARPG *is* fantastically impressive)

hmmmm... let me have a go, im bored.

1. no AH
2. no random loot
3. hardcore only
4. white sign soapstone
5. level 1 pyromancer darkwraith

i like the trading feature.

its a good way for people that want to progress in the game, but dont wont to grind 24/7 for equip.

the problem with the ah is, that its corrupted to the roots by bots and 24/7 grinders!

Back
Top Bottom