Demonicon - No Character Creation

As Demonicon somehow reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever somehow, I will believe that it will be released as soon as it's out. Anyway, the original text is pretty predictable (no character creation, but of course the char's background will be woven deeply into the story - yada yada yada), so I won't translate it (and honestly, I don't believe it, either).

I wonder what class you will be; or are they dropping classes and then the only thing related to The Dark Eye is the setting.

Hmm... and here I was hoping this game might resemble the original Realms of Arkania-trilogy somewhat more than Drakensang and it's successor did. I loved the complexity of the character creation- & skill-system in these. Oh well.

Hmm… and here I was hoping this game might resemble the original Realms of Arkania-trilogy somewhat more than Drakensang and it's successor did. I loved the complexity of the character creation- & skill-system in these. Oh well.

Why were you hoping that if the game was announced as a more action-oriented experience than Drakensang way back when it was first revealed? It's been well known from the start that Demonicon would be targeted more at the action RPG (Diablo & co) crowd while Drakensang was to keep a more traditional style. Unfortunately with Drakensang out of the way we're stuck with Demonicon for now. On the bright side I guess we're lucky they haven't totally abandoned Dark Eye computer games after Drakensang's demise.

It has been known from the announcement that this game will be a Diablo clone with shiny graphics. So it's not a surprise. Anyway, actually I am waiting a mediocre hack&slash like Legend Hand of God that not so many gamer will know even the existence of it.

Just looking at the other titles of Silver Style (Gorasul, Fall: Last Days of Gaia) is enough not to expect miracles from that game.

Why were you hoping that if the game was announced as a more action-oriented experience than Drakensang way back when it was first revealed?

To be honest, I had this title mixed up with another one. I thought it was going to be an isometric sort of affair for some reason. (obscure, I know. I blame alcohol).

On the bright side I guess we're lucky they haven't totally abandoned Dark Eye computer games after Drakensang's demise.

Yes, and for those who don't like action or/and too much combat, there's still the adventure game, "Satinav's Chains" ...

Back
Top Bottom