Gothic 3 Ok, last question........seriously.

DudeNtheRoom

Watcher
I'm pretty sure that I have asked all the basic questions and I've got the feel for the game now. Just if you're wondering, I didn't know anything about the Gothic series or G3. Hence the confusion on my part. But, I have one more question.

Is Gothic 3 the type of game, like some other RPGs, where you get a quest to move to a different town? The reason I ask is b/c I just liberated Cape Dun and I'm not quite sure where to go. I've done most of the quests around the coastal region. Or is it the type of game where you do what you can in a region and move on on your own. I like either way, I just don't feel like missing an important quest that says "Now that you libertated us, find (enter name) in (enter town) and so on and so forth."

Well the sword of the paladin is near the next logical town.
and no .. in Gothic u can go whatever u like, there is no special order 2 do things,

Be careful with liberating towns. If you liberate too many then you'll be on the orcs most wanted list ;) (I believe it's three towns….I could be wrong. Can't remember how many it was before the orcs said ENOUGH!!!! Plus, I think if the rebel attitude towards you reaches 50 then the orc bosses will want to kill you on sight. Again, not sure about that one either)

But, to answer your question it's a free roaming rpg. You can go wherever you want and do whatever you want. The key with Gothic is that you had better be ready for some areas because there is no level scaling. For instance if you go down into the caves at Cape Dun you'll find a particularly difficult beastie. The game doesn't prohibit you from going there, but the beastie might just knock the living daylights out of you.

When you go to a new town you'll have different quests given to you. Some for the rebels and some for the orcs. You choose which to do. I did both as long as the orc quest weren't to destroy some rebel base or conflicted with a rebel quest. Tons of XP to be had if you keep doing quests for both sides.

Remember one of the main objectives is to find Xardas and that is why you're traveling around to different towns/rebel camps.

Yes, after liberating three towns all Orcs will turn hostile and attack on sight (no more quests from them). The responses of each city leader gives you a hint. Just go explore and do quests in the different cities for a while - then when you're ready, you can finally choose a side and start destroying the Orcs/Rebels.

You can explore whatever area you like. If you run into creatures which can kill you with one hit it's your own problem though. ;)

I would suggest you reload a save from right before you started the revolution in Cape Dun. There's not really a reason to liberate them now, and maybe you would prefer to have your liberation counter a bit lower.

The really good stuff starts in the 3rd town, AFAIR. Then you're strong enough to explore confidently, and both quests and the area you're in have the typical Gothic feeling.

Well, liberating Cap Dun early on is quite a chore (and an achievement), one might not want too give that up after making it. Also, I never found it a problem to have one liberated city under my belt.

If I recall correctly, they'll only turn on you if you talk to an orc leader after liberating the towns. As long as you stay clear of the orc leaders, the rest won't turn hostile.

If I recall correctly, they'll only turn on you if you talk to an orc leader after liberating the towns. As long as you stay clear of the orc leaders, the rest won't turn hostile.

I could be wrong, but I thought I remember all Orcs turning hostile if you liberated 3 towns.

Anyways, I ran into an annoying bug where certain Orc leaders were going aggro on me even though I hadn't liberated 3 towns.

I don't think that's a bug. Your reputation with the rebels is over 50, right?

In the Gothic game guide I found out that the leaders will attack you if your rep is over 50.

There are a few factions in Gothic 3, you may work for. In the further part of the game you will have to decide which side you are definitely supporting, but until this moment you may work for everyone. Regularly check your reputation level: when it exceeds 50 points troubles appear. For example, having more than 50 points of reputation with Rebels, you may still talk to Orcs, but their leaders order to kill you without hesitation.

So if my rebel rep is 50 or above the orcs will attack me? That doesn't seem fair. I think around the Cape Dun/coastal region I only found a few quests that were neither rebel or orc.

Does the same work for the rebels? As in: If I have 50 or above rep with the orcs will the rebels hate me?

Yes, it says trouble appears whenever you reach fifty. Doesn't just have to be rebels 50, but this is just a guess. I never chose the orc's side.

unless that was changed with the community patch, the reputation doesn't matter. it's as Maylander said liberating 3 towns AND talking to to the orc leaders. by the way this can be initiated without your doing if you get within range of them and they "bark" it at you. i'd advise against it as even if you don't "side" with the orcs there are many quests you can do for them that aren't against the rebels per say and sometimes against other orcs, etc. a huge portion of the game/story...

also the orcs in nordmar are all "hostile" orcs in that your killing of them has no "global" impact with you reputation of orcs elsewhere.

Played the game with the latest community patch and the reputation indeed didn´t matter (aka orc leaders had no problems with me having rep with rebels over 50).
Also, Ardea, Gotha and Vengard don´t count towards the Myrtana liberation limit.

Ok, so what I read here is that 1) rep does not matter 2) orcs will only attack you if you "piss them off"

?

Orcs attack if you liberate three towns and then talk to the orc leader of one of the towns that you have not liberated. It's basically a trigger that goes something like this:
- Liberate a town
- Next orc leader you talk to: Someone is attacking our cities!
- Liberate another town
- Next orc leader you talk to: We are now getting rather upset because SOMEONE IS ATTACKING OUR CITIES!
Liberate a 3rd town
- 3rd orc leader: DIE SCUM!!

And every orc in the entire game will become hostile and want you dead on sight.

Edit: You could also look this up here on the forums. I'm pretty sure I wrote the exact turn of events here at some point.

So you guys mean to tell me that the last time I played Gothic 3 I DIDN'T HAVE TO KEEP MY EYE ON THAT STUPID REP METER!?!?!?!!!! (Over-exaggeration for effect;))

Do you know how much time I wasted trying to keep that sucker under 50 while doing orc quests? Too much I can tell you that. It was always in the back of my mind too. Then I came back when I did enough orc quests and liberated the cities/did rebel quests.....The guy who made that Gothic 3 guide needs to take out #19 in the intro.............

Back
Top Bottom