Founder of McAfee Antivirus wanted in connection to murder.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
That guy should have been locked up years ago for murdering the performance on a zillion PC's.

Does anyone here use McAfee?

My company used it until like a month ago. The IT guys had to implements lots of custom rules just make using Eclipse and Netbeans possible.

That guy should have been locked up years ago for murdering the performance on a zillion PC's.

My subscription (thanks to Dell) finally ran out a few weeks ago. Color me thrilled.

Ah, that's why I couldn't install the McAfee trial (?) program last weekend ?

Edit : By the way : The founder of PKZIP never had an easy life as well …

I stopped using it years ago after it TOTALLY wiped my HD!!

Never used it.
Also when I'm forced to install a new version of Flash like today, I unselect the bloody piece of unwanted software that comes with it.

Involved in heavy drug use? I wish I was too… That would mean I'm filthy in one more way… Rich. :)

Last edited:
He was wanted on fraud charges a few years ago and fled to Belize after losing his money. Now he is wanted there also. I used to use his product but since Norton came with my cable internet I don't need McAfee anymore.

Last edited:
I used McAfee years and years ago when it was popularly known that the password to their corporate ftp site had been left as abc123. Everyone of their products available for download. Of course I never took advantage of their incredible lack of acumen.

Fraud is a long way from murder, so yeah, I'd say this is new.

Not really the guy is a lose screw always was. I'm not surprised by what he did. This battle with the Belize government has been going on for a while. Makes you wonder though did he do it or is it a setup from government officials.

Link-http://gizmodo.com/5907603/anti+virus-founder-john-mcafee-forcefully-arrested-in-belize

Link-http://gizmodo.com/5912379/meth-labs-and-dead-dogs-how-the-founder-of-mcafee-antivirus-went-on-the-run-in-belize

This happened back in May.

Yeah, I think it's obvious the guy had been unstable for awhile…that didn't happen overnight. The murder just happened yesterday though.

Yeah, I think it's obvious the guy had been unstable for awhile…that didn't happen overnight. The murder just happened yesterday though.

His murder charge may be new but his list of crimes in Belize isn't. So if my wording in my first post bothered you then I apologize. This was just waiting to happen if you read the older news stories that's what I meant.

Back
Top Bottom