Eschalon: Book 1 - Calling for Beta Testers

Hm, it seems they are not planning to pay the testers. Anyway, maybe I'll apply for the Linux beta, just to help :).

Thomas is very attentive to the responses of beta testers, and he actually answers questions about why something is the way it is and so forth. If one has the time to really get into the beta testing, doing it with Basilisk isn't a dull grind.

I just don't have the time to do any at the moment; usually, I enjoy it!!

I just don't have the time to do any at the moment; usually, I enjoy it!!

Hehe ... I was halfway through the application and looked at my existing queue and thought - am I out of my MIND?!?!

Yeah, I don't have the time right now to put enough concentration on a full game beta test. I wish I did, but it wouldn't have been fair to Basilisk to say I was going to do it and only get very little accomplished.

Quite looking forward to the imminent release of the game though!

We'll certainly review it as soon as we can, depending on the access and resources we have. :) I'm prepared to shift my other projects to cover Eschalon as quickly as possible.

Me too, once I finish Two Worlds!!

Thomas is a great guy and the game is going to excite alot of you.

People seem to imply that, to be a tester, the time commitment would be pretty overwelming. What do you think would be an appropriate weekly commitment for this title? I signed up, but can always recind, if my time expectectations are far out of line with theirs. Thanks.

Well, I have the time(unless it's a 40 hr a week job ;) ) but after filling out the application, doubt I have the pc know-how. :|

As for time requirements: I did a few betatests and in one case I worked more than 40 hrs a week. Ususally it's less, though. Of course, I don't know what the Basilisk people expect :)

I beta tested Lazarus and that was fairly pressured by time constraints to get it out finished. I played virtually non-stop for a week. Grimoire was similar, but without the pressure of time. We had about a month to finish the game and I think 3 or 4 of us managed to do so, but we'd played the pre-beta as well, so knew a few shortcuts and puzzle solutions. We also knew the major cheat codes as well!! :)

People seem to imply that, to be a tester, the time commitment would be pretty overwelming. What do you think would be an appropriate weekly commitment for this title? I signed up, but can always recind, if my time expectectations are far out of line with theirs. Thanks.

Just ask Thomas. He'll give you the rundown in what his expectations are.

Back
Top Bottom