Bethesda Softworks - Looking For Play Testers

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well if you ever wanted to be a play tester Bethesda is looking to hire in the Dallas area. If you apply you might be one of the gamers invited to Bethesda's Play Test Lab.
Bethesda Softworks is looking for volunteers to come to our studios to play test our upcoming and released games. Most play tests last an hour or two and you must provide your own transportation to the play test. We are currently looking for testers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but are accepting applications from all over the US.
Here are a few things you should know about play testing before you apply:

-You must be 18 to apply and participate in a play test, no exceptions.

-You cannot participate in a play test if you work for a video game developer, or publisher, or if you are journalist that reviews video games.

-You will be required to a sign a non-disclosure agreement and show a valid government issued photo ID evidencing that you are at least 18 years old on the date of the play test.

-You must provide a valid email address when signing up. The email address you give on your application will be used to contact you about play testing opportunities.

-Participation in a play test is strictly on a voluntary basis and is not a paid position, nor does it qualify as employment. You may, however, receive games or swag in connection with your participation in the play test.

-We are looking for players of all skill levels and gaming backgrounds. It is important for us to know how the game feels for everyone, so even if you are not very good at video games you can still apply.

-We are only accepting play tester applications in the US. We are not accepting international applications at this time.
More information.

Certainty of drudgery, small chance of success... What are we waiting for?

Probably a good way into the industry if you're hungry enough.

I remember being offered a chance to relocate and be a beta tester for Origin (Austin, IIRC) when I was 18 years old. They were my favorite developers back then - and I wrote a passionate letter about being a "diamond in the rough" - hehe. Guess it worked.

But I chickened out and didn't want to move to the US - so I turned the offer down.

Just imagine.. I could have been part of the wonderful and creatively bankrupt AAA industry today!

Dallas? Meh… Not worth the bother.

If the testing however was in Montreal, that'd materialize Alice in Wonderland.

Is this game translated ?
If so, how are they going to find PlayTesters for other languages there ?

Alrik, they don't care for those.
What's odd, noone ever dared to send them a torso pic and say "you can't milk those".

Is this game translated ?
If so, how are they going to find PlayTesters for other languages there ?

Well they said they aren't accepting them 'at this time' I don't think that games typically get translated until after they are finished.

I agree Dart, this is a good opportunity for someone who is hungry enough. If someone gives it their all and makes a great impression, I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the QA team.

Not sure about the legality of this. You cannot "volunteer" at a for-profit company. They are required to pay minimum wage at least where I am from.

Not sure about the legality of this. You cannot "volunteer" at a for-profit company. They are required to pay minimum wage at least where I am from.

Try telling that to jobs that require you to work one hour without pay just to see if you fit the job. This is nothing new in the US.

Back
Top Bottom