Dawn of Magic 2 - Review @ Games32

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Released with little fanfare a couple of weeks ago, this is the first review of Dawn of War 2 we've seen. Games32 isn't impressed straight out of the gate, for an ultimate score of 64%. An early quote:
From the beginning you get the feeling that this won't be a joy ride, as we are forced to choose one of four insanely silly characters, to level up and defeat the evil monsters. It's been an excruciating ordeal to decide between a Harry Potter cheap rip-off named Awkward Student, a Fat Friar, the Weird Gyspy and a grim joke called the Baker's Wife. Despite my visceral loathe for the wizard kid, the alternative was simply abysmal, so I had to go with the goofy bookworm that the Awkward Student stands for.
These wretched characters are a far cry from any hero you'd expect to find in a quality RPG, but this is just a taste of the complete lack of imagination that plagues Dawn of Magic 2. The storyline is twisted and unappealing, slowly sinking into near irrelevance as you progress with the campaign and in conjunction with the dreadful characters, renders the entire adventure boring and uninspiring. The action takes place ten years after the main villain Modo was destroyed and now your mission is merely revolving around cleaning the world of his minions.
More information.

"These wretched characters are a far cry from any hero you'd expect to find in a quality RPG, but this is just a taste of the complete lack of imagination that plagues Dawn of Magic 2."

I would say this is wrong, a game who has Baker's Wife as a class, don't lack imagination? Tast maybe, but not imagination.

I thought the same thing since having nonstandard classes means they were trying to be imaginative instead of like most other games where they use the same thing over and over again.

PS. Also because of the choice in classes it seems they were trying to be comical which isn't normal for rpgs.

Hmmm, I'm still on the fence whether or not I should get this one or not. I did play the original and while interesting at first I became bored with it rather quickly.

I'll wait for a few more reviews before I get it.

It is that time of year ... I have it, it is installed, but I have higher priority stuff still going ...

Mike focus on the quality games first, then get to the mid-low range when you feeling a bit bored. ;)

I bought the first one without a review, but I doubt I'll even pick this one up unless I see it in a bargin bin somewhere for 100 NT. That's a little over 3 dollars American. Or you give it the best review ever. I think pigs will fly and monkeys will fly out of my butt before that happens. We both know just what kind of game it is. :)

My brother bought it (bargain bin).
It's really ugly and boring.
Do not waste your money in this game. Repetitive quests, unfriendly controls, ugly gfx.... etc.
I'm having more fun with Fate - The traitor soul.................

Looks interesting, i like some different character classes

fyi - first line of the Dhruin blurb calls this dawn of WAR 2, not dawn of "Magic" = ]

Admit it Dhruin, you just love warhammer :) It's one of those freudian slips.

Looks interesting, i like some different character classes

fyi - first line of the Dhruin blurb calls this dawn of WAR 2, not dawn of "Magic" = ]

Apparently there is an expansion to Dawn of War II coming out as well.

Back
Top Bottom