Gas Powered Games - New IP with Sega

Dhruin

SasqWatch
News via Shack that Gas Powered Games has signed up with Sega for a PC RPG based on a new property - although absolutely no other details are provided:
Sega of America today announced that it has signed a deal with Gas Powered Games, the studio known for the Dungeon Siege series and Supreme Commander, to publish the company's next PC role playing game. The game will be based on a new property.
"SEGA is continuing its march forward in building a strong western developed portfolio of games," said COO Simon Jeffery of Sega of America, Inc. "Partnering with well established and visionary game creators such as Chris Taylor and his talented group of at Gas Powered Games aligns perfectly with our strategy." Added Chris Taylor of Gas Powered Games, "Our focus at Gas Powered Games is to create exciting and visually stunning new worlds coupled with revolutionary game play experiences and we see SEGA as the perfect partner in achieving that goal for our next original RPG."
Based on the success of Dungeon Siege, you'd have to bet on an action/RPG.
More information.

Sweet -- GPG makes some impressive stuff. I hope that they'll go deeper than the Dungeon Siege series though.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Chris Taylor, but is there some manual that lists word-for word 'Mandatory PR Comment Content' for these guys? Has anyone ever turned to another person in real life and said: "Our focus at this backyard cookout is to create exciting and visually stunning new burgers coupled with revolutionary culinary experiences and we see a couple of cases of Miller Lite as the perfect partner for accomplishing these goals??" Yeesh.
( I know, I know...it's just a hang-up of mine. Sorry. :) )

Other than my quibbles with publicity-speak, I have to admit that I've been taking a return ride through DS2 this week, and it's really got some good points that I'd forgotten. Not deep, but deeper than most action/rpgs. Decent voice acting for the most part, good progression, some puzzles, some slightly off the beaten track fedex-ers, nice game world and even some occasional humor.

So despite Mr. Taylor's brain-numbing generic comments, I really am glad to hear they're making a new rpg. ;)

Ok, I didn't really like Dungon Siege much, but Supreme Commander is really cool and I hope that they get theri act together make a decent Action RPG.

Dungeon Siege 1&2 had really good multiplayer. That's where the strength for the game was.

Dungeon Siege 1&2 had really good multiplayer. That's where the strength for the game was.

But as far as Dungeon Siege 1 was concerned, only after some modding/patching (that was not available for a few months past release) since your progress in multiplayer was not saved as far as I can remember so you always had to start a new MP game. That was not very well done originally. I don't remember if it was an official or a community patch/mod that fixed this though.

Back
Top Bottom