Dragon Age - Leliana's Song DLC Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare is in the process of whipping up a new Dragon Age DLC titled Leliana's Song:
Assume the role of Leliana, a young bard involved in a criminal ring that deals in political secrets. Accompanying her mentor Marjolaine on a high-risk mission, Leliana soon finds herself entangled in a game of intrigue that she cannot escape with just her beauty, charm, or stealth. The only way out of this game is to kill or be killed.
Features:
  • Explore Leliana's dangerous past and why she joined the Chantry
  • Fully voiced cinematic experience brings the characters to life
Unlock a unique reward that transfers into your Awakening and Origins campaign
More information.

Leliana belting out that song in the middle of the game was one of the most awkward moments in gaming. Why would they name DLC after that?? The voice actor's skill wasn't exactly top notch, either.

Thats subjective, because I liked everything about Leliana.

This is the first DLC that I've even had an interest in. So they are moving in the right direction for me. To explore the past of the current companions and how they got to where they are today is at least a little interesting to me. At least more than adding yet another companion or new village to explore anyway. Not worth $7 I assume so it will have to wait until they put out some sort of expansion pack with all of the DLC for a much lower price (assuming they will even do that).

Liked Leliana way more than Morrigan (though she was a bit annoying), but that song was a WTF moment for me too.

Not that it was that bad - just the way it was presented... BioWare could've handled it better.

Last edited:
You guys are so mean! :p

I liked Leli a lot, she is just so much fun to have around. No matter the party combination she just has the best banter in game (along with Sten and ogren). And she was just so adorable. A girl who can't help being adorable, but not in a fake way :) And her soft voice, cute looks and weird sense of humour, a winning combination, sweet but experienced. And I agree about backstory…only sten comes close to that.

ps: I liked the song but the scene was directed horibly...

The song was like some new age Enya ripoff recorded in an hour. I cringed when it was playing, and looked around to make sure no one else was in the room with me out of embarrassment.

I liked the other characters' reactions to it, but the song itself was horrible.

Agreed. Also, I liked Stan's back story more, but hers is more original.

The song was like some new age Enya ripoff recorded in an hour. I cringed when it was playing, and looked around to make sure no one else was in the room with me out of embarrassment.

I felt a bit of that too. Also what was very funny - who's playing the background instruments? The camera pans over the whole camp, but I see noone playing the piano or a harp. :biggrin:

It just felt out of place.

Makes sense that a Bard in a game like this would sing a song at some point. Bioware was in a tough spot with it though... any song at all would have bugged a good percentage of people. I'd guess that's why they went with no lyrics.

The song was the worst character thing in the game. Other than the repetitive fights, the song was the only thing I disliked... though I never gave Sten a chance, truth be told.

The only bad thing about Leliana was her thin chicken legs.

I felt a bit of that too. Also what was very funny - who's playing the background instruments? The camera pans over the whole camp, but I see noone playing the piano or a harp. :biggrin:

It just felt out of place.

Yeh that and the fact that Leliana's singing animations as a whole felt akward in that scene..and like said the song doesn't really fit to be singed at the camp. I think the idea of leliana singing is wondefull they just didn't know how to execute it properly...

Yup, an acoustic folk-rock thing would be awesome.

The song is actually very nice if you listen to it outside of the game. Inside the game, though... huh? It sounds like she's singing in a concert hall, not at a campfire. And the animations just aren't up to singing at all - she looks like a puppet, not a singer. Maybe if they had played the song in one of the castles and replayed some of your epic moments from previous gameplay instead of showing her singing... now that would have been great!

Leilana was the only hot chick in the game imho, unfortunately I missed my window w/ her =\

I do like the idea of backstory exploration for the companions, great idea

Sounds pretty interesting! :) Still not buying any DLC, though.

Regarding her song, well, I liked Leliana, and the idea of a bard actually singing a song in the game made sense and was good by itself, but I agree it was somehow a little embarassing - like in some Disney movie, but I'm not sure why.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom