Risen Lighting glitches - just me?

kalniel

SasqWatch
I'm playing the demo through Steam, but I keep getting distracted by lighting problems on various vertexes. Does anyone else get the same thing? Basically at certain camera angles you see the lighting from say a torch colour certain triangles on the floor red, then when you move the view a little the lighting goes back to normal.

I'm playing the demo through Steam, but I keep getting distracted by lighting problems on various vertexes. Does anyone else get the same thing? Basically at certain camera angles you see the lighting from say a torch colour certain triangles on the floor red, then when you move the view a little the lighting goes back to normal.

I have not seen this and I'm about 15 hours into the game. So, update your drivers?

I also haven't seen this. There aren't many reports about graphics problems. So I assume it's an exception.

I think I know what your talking about...

Hi there… I think I noticed the same thing… I looked at the water reflections while in a pond and very slightly moved my view a little bit and there was a change in a part of the reflection closer to me… It's no big thing and I think it might have something to do with LOD because it seems to happen (to me at least) with textures that are almost out of view.
The problems that I think are more pronounced are the flickering lighting vegetation and lack of any AA options… other than that this game looks great….

EDIT:
I know you can fiddle with the LOD in the configuration file to show you more of whats in-front of you - so if it is a LOD problem maybe put in three more lines for negative values of the XYZ coordinates - and you probably don't have to put them in such high values as the front view as you only need a little more to cover the sides of the viewspace…I'm sorry for the measly help I can provide you…but I try my best :)

EDIT#2:
I have pretty basic computer know how but maybe if you disable the caching in the configuration file the textures will not be so…I don't know…dynamic-acting :) I mean if the caching in and out of textures on the fly is going on aren't there more chances for texture pop-ups and flukes…again it's a long shot and requires a little time and energy…..but that is my help for you…..there goes another happy costumer I believe :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Drivers are latest versions, and it does seem like a LOD or possibly AF optimisation problem (which would be at the driver level). Probably curable by fiddling with CCC options.

Back
Top Bottom