Gothic 3 Constant freezing/crashing

Anenu

Traveler
I recently installed Gothic 3 and after installing the latest patch I managed to get it to run but now I can't play longer than 30 minutes to an hour without it freezing up or crashing. At first I thought the issue came from when I was traveling from one place to another but it has also crashed when simply talking so I have no idea what is causing the problems. I have tried all the common solutions to these problems such as changing comparability and running the game as an administrator but these have all failed to work. I have been enjoying this game but the constant freezing or crashing is making it impossible to play and as such I was hoping someone here could help me.

/I have Windows 7 and ATI Radeon HD4670
// It plays mostly fine with only minor stuttering until it randomly crashes or freezes.

Lowering the graphics seems to have helped the freezing problem but not the crashing problem.

1brqo

this image pops up when the game crashes.

/ http://www.freeimagehosting.net/1brqo that is the url of where the picture is located.

Could I suggest you try World of Gothic, they are far better at fixing tech issues than we are and you might find your problem has been solved already on their site. Someone here may have a solution, but WoG might be faster. Welcome to our forums.

It looks like Gothic ran out of virtual memory. Have you installed any texture mods? Have you tried lowering texture quality in-game?

An old Watch post with some hacks that could help you.

I would usually recommend you get more RAM, but 1) I don't know if G3 allows access to more than 2gb and 2) I don't know if you're running Win7 32 or 64bit.

Hope this helped a little!

Back
Top Bottom