Gothic 3 Orc camps in Nordmar

lanux128

Sentinel
whenever i try to clear out an Orc camp in Nordmar, even before the leader is killed, there is a quest message that says "orc camp wiped out" and the rest of the orcs including the leader will start running helter-skelter. is this normal?

whenever i try to clear out an Orc camp in Nordmar, even before the leader is killed, there is a quest message that says "orc camp wiped out" and the rest of the orcs including the leader will start running helter-skelter. is this normal?

Perfectly normal ... it is a balance of power thing. Once the occupying force sees no end but defeat they retreat - it can be because you kill their leader or just decimate enough of the forces.

ok, i understand but in the meantime i lose XPs from those runaway orcs.. :)

ok, i understand but in the meantime i lose XPs from those runaway orcs.. :)

I always notice a string of XP messages when they run so maybe you don't lose anything. Anyway, the worst part about them running is if one of the Shamans holding one the ancestor stones runs off before you can kill him.

exactly. always take out the shaman's first, theres only a few places like the one cave in the south where there are multiple shaman.
and fragonard is right you never lose xp when the enemy retreats for as soon as they leave a certain radius they are 'removed' from the map and you get credit for a 'kill' though you obviously can't loot a ghost.

which shaman holds the ancestor stone, is that one near Angir's tomb?

The runaway shaman is supposed to have been fixed in 1.12 and later.

I've not been able to figure out the logic for "runaway" experience after liberation quests. Often you do get experience for them (they die after running a certain distance and drop their active weapons on the ground), but it doesnt seem to apply to all the enemies that got away.

The runaway shaman is supposed to have been fixed in 1.12 and later.

I've not been able to figure out the logic for "runaway" experience after liberation quests. Often you do get experience for them (they die after running a certain distance and drop their active weapons on the ground), but it doesnt seem to apply to all the enemies that got away.

yes, i do find the weapons a short distance from the camp but didn't notice the XP messages, maybe was too engrossed hacking/slashing to notice.. :)

Back
Top Bottom