Grotesque Tactics 2 - Preview @ Platform Nation

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We haven't been following Grotesque Tactics 2 too closely but here's a hands-on preview from Platform Nation:
Quests usual feature witty banter between your character and the NPCs and for the most part consist of the usual variety of fetch quests and boss bounties found in many fantasy RPG’s. Along with these quests you will also be tasked with making a variety of foods to please the various denizens of the underground kingdom the game uses as its hub. There’s also a guild system that will have you recruiting unique companions that will help you along your quest against the Fog that is invading the land. The snide comments and banter made by your companions is what really makes the sometimes repetitive adventuring worthwhile.
More information.

This sounds promising, indeed. GT2 is one of my most anticipated games. GT1 was a very good product for a bargain price that covered a scandalous gap in PC games.

I don't want to besiege the TV with my console to play a quality SRPG, because the Mrs. doesn't agree to much with it.

I found GT1 amusing but WAY to simple in mechanics and stats etc. I'm hoping GT2 will keep the humour but make the game a bit less simple...

I had fun w/ the original, but unfortunately it had zero replay value due to the set-in-stone skills, companions, and pretty much everything else. I'll have to say that I'm disappointed that they chose to abandon the cartoony faux anime art style in favor of the more realistic.

The other look complimented the satirical angle far better - this looks like just another dungeon siege or something. Booo :thumbsdown:

Back
Top Bottom