Grim Dawn - If we had more money...

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A post on the Crate forums gives some thought-bubble examples of the things they could do with Grim Dawn if their Kickstarter really succeeded. And I mean "really":
$750k+

• More equipment, enemies, and quests!
  • More quests with meaningful choices
  • Dual-wield pistols

$1.5m+

• MORE equipment, enemies, and quests!
  • Additional randomly generated quests for endless adventure
  • Two-handed melee weapons
  • Larger world with a couple extra environments
  • Translation to EFIGS
  • Intro voice-over for all main quest dialog

$2.5m+

• EVEN MOAR! Equipment, quests, enemies!
  • More sandbox and faction based gameplay elements
  • Additional larger quest-lines with alternate endings
  • An animated story intro for the game
  • Full voice-over for main quests
  • Intro Voice-over for side-quests and most NPC dialog
Head over for tiers going up to $4.5M+
More information.

I should make a list of what I'd do with $75K, $1.5M and $2.5M, but it'd probably just be filled with hookers and cocaine. Think I could make a Kickstarter for that? :p

hmm those are some super expensive two handed melee weapons;)

I'll admit I don't know too much about the company behind this game, but I believe it's true they haven't ever released a game. I don't feel that strangely about seeing inXile or Double Fine getting $2-3M from people for a game, they're both established companies with a track record of actually finishing games. But the idea of people handing over $4.5M to these guys, sight unseen, seems odd. It won't be long before one of these Kickstarter games is going to fail in spectacular fashion, leaving everyone with nothing.

If that's what they'll do if they exceed their goal does that mean that their minimum goal is 750k? Because you know... good luck with that.

Seems just a tad ambitious, and since I hate random generated stuff of any kind in games it looks like the level I would want them to hit is 750k.

I'll admit I don't know too much about the company behind this game, but I believe it's true they haven't ever released a game. I don't feel that strangely about seeing inXile or Double Fine getting $2-3M from people for a game, they're both established companies with a track record of actually finishing games. But the idea of people handing over $4.5M to these guys, sight unseen, seems odd. It won't be long before one of these Kickstarter games is going to fail in spectacular fashion, leaving everyone with nothing.

Its the castoffs and development team members from Iron Lore Entertainment that made two rpg's and a couple of other games in the past. They were Titan Quest and its expansion Immortal Throne.They do know what there doing.

There ambitious I'll give them that but there no rookies either. Plenty of people have been following this game and I wouldn't be surprised if they at least reach there fist goal.

$750k+

More equipment, enemies, and quests!
More quests with meaningful choices
Dual-wield pistols

this must be a joke, very few indie games have a budget of $750k for the entire game!!!! and for that they add Dual-wield of pistols, they are not getting any of my money that is for sure.

I think you're overlooking something, GG. Try reading that paragraph again. They're actually talking about more than duel-wield pistols.

Personally, I think this Kickstarter thing is going a bit crazy. I'll have to sit back and watch what happens, before I start investing.

But it does have the potential to become great.

I recently talked to the head developer and he was reluctent to do a kickstarter because of the unknown name of Crate. But the fans insisted to do a kickstarter.One of the things thats in there favor is they already have alot of game to show people opposed to a game that is on paper.I beleive these guys want to deliver us a fun and uniqe expierence. Mr bruno said that the only problem is content ,its not big enough i guess. I beleive this game is going to be great and i still play Titans Quest.Lets help these guys out if we can .

I know it sounds corny 750 for double weilding but there just giving us ideas they want to incorperate into the game if they had more money to spend.

Not saying that I really like the list he has so far but people commenting should read his actual post. He says

''So, just spam me with features and stuff, then I'll select the ones that I think seem doable at various funding levels, that we agree with and which seem popular. Obviously, we'll have to focus in on a few that are collectively achievable at any given level. Here is what I have so far...''

So this is just a starting list to which he'll add features from what is wanted by the community at levels he considers doable... Also I don't think you should worry about the random quest generation, from what I read there all the previous goals will add individual scripted quest lines...but at a certain point for the sake of replayability they'll add random quests.

With all that said though, this game doesn't appeal to me all that much and I think their goals are a little too high :p. But thats just my opinion.

Its the castoffs and development team members from Iron Lore Entertainment that made two rpg's and a couple of other games in the past. They were Titan Quest and its expansion Immortal Throne.They do know what there doing.

There ambitious I'll give them that but there no rookies either. Plenty of people have been following this game and I wouldn't be surprised if they at least reach there fist goal.

They have experience making good games, and unlike most Kickstarter projects they already have a lot of screenshots, in game videos etc.

The game looks great so far, and for me this is the most exciting indie game since Mount & Blade. With a bit of publicity, and the right presentation, this game should do better than Wasteland 2.

Last edited:
Is there a big ARPG crowd that would be willing to fund this? I don't follow that scene but 750k and up seems like A LOT of money considering how far they've already come and their level of recognition.

Back
Top Bottom