Ready to snooze thru a new 4x title: AOW3 or W2:E?

Which 4x game is less likely to cause spontaneous narcolepsy?

• Age of Wonders 3

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Warlock 2: the Exiled

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
Every so often, i find myself wanting to play a 4x fantasy game even tho they absolutely put me to sleep every time. I dont know what it is about 4x, but it just knocks me out, but I'm drawn to it. I'm going to brew a pot of coffee and try again.

It's between Age of Wonders III and Warlock 2: the Exiled.

Age of Wonders looks cool, but Warlock takes place in Ardania (of the Majesty games) so that would be interesting. The quirky and slightly comical fantasy Majesty setting of Ardania is one of my favorites. Supposedly, from what Totalbiscuit says, they scaled back the city-management aspect of 4x a bit in Warlock by setting a limit before you have to start putting cities on autopilot. That might pep things up a bit by letting me focus on other interesting things instead of city mgmt.

That said, Age of Wonders, it seems a little more combat focused overall, and the battles look more interesting and potentially larger-scale. So better combat, and let's face it, that's going to be the majority of the game is making me think of AOW. Plus look at the game, it really has a cool look to it almost reminiscent of the Disciples games.

Watching my usual slew of Totalbiscuit "Wtf is.." vids got me on this tangent, he makes a pretty good case for both. see below for the vids:

WTF is Age of Wonders 3?

WTF is Warlock 2: the Exiled?

Back
Top Bottom