Dishonored - Web Roundup

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Bethblog has a roundup of recent Dishonored articles on the web, including a number we missed. Here's a straight rip of the Bethblog post so you can catch up:
Interviews:
I. Eat. Games – Raphael Colantonio talks about working with Viktor Antonov, non-lethal playthroughs, different endings, and more. To learn more about how decisions impact the game’s ending, read this article at The Escapist.
Develop – Art Director Sebastien Mitton discusses how crucial pre-production was to Dishonored’s development.
The Penny Arcade Report – Designs decisions relating to supernatural powers and the game’s “Chaos” rating are discussed by Harvey and Raf.
Previews:
Rock, Paper, Shotgun - “It’s quite good. Actually, that’s unfair. It’s better than quite good. And it’s making me yearn.”
PC Gamer – “Experimentally, I clang my knife against a metal pipe. A second later, the guard comes running down the corridor, passes through the field, and disintegrates into floating, glowing dust. Wow.”
OXM UK – New preview shares seven amusing ways to fail completely and die
CVG – “What we’re really excited about is delving into a game that delivers bags of player freedom and immense prospects for experimentation, coupled with the tightly focused density of gameplay impossible in vast open world games.”
RipTen -”Dishonored’s earned its action-stealth label quite a few times over. The blend of skills along with Corvo’s array of weapons lends itself perfectly to either kind of play through.”
Telegraph UK – “What impressed most about about Dishonored was that the two scenarios were quite clearly two ends of a wide spectrum. How much creativity and impromptu adaptation exist within that range will determine the game’s success, and Arkane certainly appear to be offering an impressive palette with which to experiment. That thirst for invention and interpretation, coupled with the creeping atmosphere of Dunwall should make Dishonored a dark horse for the best game of 2012.”
Xbox 360 Achievements – “Our first hands-on taste of Dishonored was short, sweet and easy, but it was also utterly brilliant… if I do say so myself. There are so many more powers we could have used throughout the mission as well, including the whirlwind, and we did all that without so much as firing a bullet, just how we like it. And that’s the beauty of Dishonored: you can play it exactly how you want, whether that’s quiet, loud or a mix of the two.”
More information.

DISHONORED
"Revenge Solves Everything"​

This game looks absolutely amazing.

__

When's the release date?
October 9th

I don´t really care about playing an assassin, but I´m rather intrigued by the possibility to complete an assassin game without killing anyone.
Inclusion of non-lethal options was a good design decision at any rate since it should give situations which actually end up lethally more weight.

Back
Top Bottom