Eschalon: Book III - Teaser Trailer Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Basilisk Games has released a teaser trailer for Eschalon: Book III.

Eschalon: Book III is the third and final game in the Eschalon series, scheduled for release this 2013 holiday season. Eschalon: Book III brings the trilogy to a climatic end as you seek to uncover the mystery of your past, the secrets of the Crux stones, and who the Orakur really are. You'll traverse miles of virtual wilderness and dungeons, filled with secrets and danger, in an unparalleled role-playing experience designed to feel like a true pen-and-paper RPG.
More information.

Cannot wait to play this:)

Will have to talk to thomas and see just how close.

Cannot wait to play this:)

Will have to talk to thomas and see just how close.
I still have to play the second one so I'm falling behind. Finding time to play with so many other games to finish is not easy.:whew:

I tried to finish Book II in earnest recently and then gave up b/c of boredom; playing without magic is still badly underpowered and dull. I'm not sure I'll manage to finish it before starting Book III, but if the transition is as shallow as it was from Book I to II I won't be missing much.

As I've stated previously in other threads on this series, I think alot of the enjoyment from these kinds of games is a question of mentality in how you approach them.

For me, they're casual games that I'll play whenever I don't really have the time to immerse into something meatier or more demanding. Something to switch your brain off with at the end of a working day if you will.

Whilst I've only played and completed the first Eschalon (took me just over 54 hours) it was with a mage build and was quite fun despite the relatively simple mechanics.

With the third game coming, I'll probably make my attempt at the second game with a melee oriented character. This might be some time away though, as I'm currently some 30 hours into Avadon; which whilst only my second Spiderweb game, is proving to be reasonably entertaining. (A more detailed thread on that game to follow soon I hope!)

Back
Top Bottom