Elder Scrolls V: Skywind - Development Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The developers of the Skywind mod have a new Development Video giving us a look at how they recreate Morrowind using Skyrim's engine.

A behind the scenes look at the making of Skywind, a fan made modification for Skyrim that brings the world of Morrowind to the updated engine. Find out all about the processes and work that goes into making this project, featuring various segments from the team, with narrations and new footage.

To anyone seeing this video, the best way to help this project and make our hard work pay off is to SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE to these videos to spread the word. We need volunteers of all sorts, and there are simple tasks that anyone can help with, so please check out the website and see how you can support us at http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim.
More information.

It seems most of the resources are being spent on graphics, models, and voice acting. Nothing about if the gameplay is the dumbed down Skyrim version of spells, spellmaking, enchanting, and alchemy, etc... If so, I really am not interested.

Wouldn't it have been easier to fix the Morrowind animation system? That's the only shortcoming left visually since Overhaul was released...

Wouldn't it have been easier to fix the Morrowind animation system? That's the only shortcoming left visually since Overhaul was released…

I've been thinking of replaying Morrowind, and this comment made me wonder: Is it possible to use any animation mods with the MSGO overhaul?

I think there's a misunderstanding here. They're not actually re-programming all of Morrowind into a modern version. They're just re-creating it using the engine of Skyrim (using modding tools etc from Skyrim), so basically it'll be like playing Skyrim set in the Morrowind setting (with Morrowind quests etc).

As far as I understand, that means all the mechanics and systems from Skyrim will be present.

Fixing Morrowind as an alternative is probably not possible at all, as I doubt they have access to the source code.

That's not entirely true. They did say they are recreating the armor system of Morrowind somewhat in Skyrim. That's separate pieces for pauldrons, gloves, legs, etc. So they are changing SOME of the mechanics.

It will be interesting how far they can go with mechanics changes, but I'll wager it won't be nearly enough, especially since it doesn't seem to be their main interest.

Back
Top Bottom