Mass Effect 3 - Extended Cut Released From June 26th

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has announced the anticipated "Extended Cut" DLC that re-tools the ending of Mass effect 3 will be available from June 26th in NA and everywhere else on July 4:
The Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is a downloadable content pack that will expand upon the events at the end of Mass Effect 3. Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Extended Cut will include deeper insight to Commander Shepard’s journey based on player choices during the war against the Reapers. The Extended Cut will be available to download at no additional charge for Mass Effect 3 game owners starting on June 26 for PC and Xbox 360 customers worldwide. Playstation 3 customers in North America will be able to download the Extended Cut DLC on June 26 and the rest of the world on July 4.
There's also a FAQ - here's a sample:
How much is the Extended Cut?

• The Extended Cut is available to download at no additional charge.
When does the Extended Cut release?

• The Extended Cut will release on June 26th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 in North America and July 4th for PlayStation 3 in Europe.
How large is the Extended Cut?

The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage.
More information.

I suppose I will skip all news sites since the uproar will pop up again. The dlc is not changing anything just adding to the epilogue.

I'm guessing this will have very little interest - a minority have moved on to ME multiplayer, the majority were either not bothered with the old ending, or have come to terms with the series not actually being what they imagined it to be. Youtube will probably get a few extra hits, though.

1.9 GB for this? That's a lot of retooling. There should be a significant amount of extra content to require that much space.

I guess I should finally get around to playing through this series.

I am skipping this at least for now Mass effect 3 has weakest story in series(just too much pathetic for my taste).From gameplay standpoint it's best part in series so when I fell like play something shooty I might reinstall it and install this DLC.

I'm for whatever reason - not interested.
Instead of reinstalling/replaying the game I'll watch it on youtube. Or not. Dunno.

The first version of the ending could have been better, but it was good enough for me for what it was. Overall, I enjoyed ME3 more than the first two games. Much better level design and improved reputation system.

I suppose it was a nice gesture for the devs to make an extended ending, but these Mass Effect games are so linear I don't really feel like playing through ME3 all over again. Maybe in another six months or so if I ever get bored of Skyrim I'll try it with a different class.

1.9 GB for this? That's a lot of retooling. There should be a significant amount of extra content to require that much space.

Yes, the size did catch my attention too. Struck me as valiant but probably pointless because the star child concept is staying and the numerous major plot holes right from the intro cannot be fixed without redesigning the whole game. Unless they work a total miracle, the only way to play ME2 and 3 is with you brain in the 'park' position (any sentient thought will break the fourth wall).

The main question for me is whether those 1.9GB give enough sense and reward to actually make me want to revisit the trilogy ever again.

I'm sure it contains a lot of cutscenes, which is what takes up the most hard drive space for this type of game.

Based on how it ended, it has to be more cutscenes and maybe a few dialogue choices that really don't effect end of game. I finished, I don't care to replay the ending just to get a longer movie ending with the same results.

Well I think it's pretty cool, I'll certainly download it next time I replay. :)

Daniel.

Pretty much this, I never got to see much of ME2… then ME3 came out and all the uproar was discouraging me from playing the game.Kinda enjoyed ME1, so I am gonna give the series a nice go after this gets released.

Yes, the size did catch my attention too.

The Patch for I think it was Two Worlds I was around 1 GB, too.
And of course the English-language variant of the game had it already included. So most international players don't even know that there was a roughly 1 GB Patch for it.

I plan on seeing the DLC via Youtube and Wiki :p I played Me1-3 back to back (as I got them all at the same time) so by the time I finished ME3 I had a lot of emotional investment and was very put off by the ending. I had most of the story fresh in my mind so the ending came in sharp contrast to what I expected.

However I made my peace by just filling in my own ending and deleted the games from my HD. Partly because the ME games are more like watching an interactive movie and hence one play through is more than enough and partly because I was rather ticked off with the ending.

At this point, however, I have zero desire to re-download ME3 just to play out the DLC. I am curious, of course, but I can satisfy that by just reading/watching what happens.

I'll watch it on youtube for now, but I'll definitely download it the next time I play through the ME series.

Back
Top Bottom