Grotesque Tactics - Digital Publishing Agreement

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Meridian 4 and Headup will join forces to publish Grotesque Tactics on the major digital delivery systems:
Meridian4 and Headup Games Turn Grotesque!

Montreal, Quebec, Canada – September 21, 2010 – Meridian4 (http://www.meridian4.com) announces today that their digital publishing agreement with Headup Games (http://www.headupgames.com) spawns a new product in the form of parody/strategy/RPG; Grotesque Tactics – Evil Heroes (Premium Edition).

“Headup Games are always finding unique titles and Grotesque is the very definition of ‘unique’. With its quirky cast of characters, its tongue-in-cheek reverence to RPGs and games of past and its fun and addictive gameplay, Grotesque Tactics is a must for fans of the genre.” said Andy Sher, CEO at Meridian4.

Grotesque Tactics – Evil Heroes (Premium Edition) will be available in the coming weeks on most digital portals, including Steam, Impulse, Amazon and many others for $19.99.

About Grotesque* Tactics

The game combines the features and clichés of Western and Asian console RPGs like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics and provides a highly addicting and entertaining change to the current, more serious role playing games. The game is focused on providing the fascination of the Strategy RPG genre, but also weaves a humorous storyline and plenty of amusing dialogue, poking fun at some of the most successful RPGs, such as Oblivion, Final Fantasy and Lord of the Rings.

To protect the kingdom from the merciless cult “The Dark Church” which has murdered all of the kingdom’s heroes and knights, you will have to hire dubious soldiers and rescue jealous maidens who will follow you into combat as your groupies. Up to 10 heroes are deployed in tactical battles to take on the Dark Church with their mysterious special abilities.

Features

• Turn based tactical battles with humorous animations not seen in any RPG
  • Distinctive party members such as the arrogant Holy Avatar, the blood thirsty Vampire Solitaire, the sweet but hot-tempered Angel Angelina and many more
  • Gorgeous village landscapes and dark, sinister dungeons
  • Scantily dressed maidens to be freed from the grasp of merciless monsters
  • Enormous, highly detailed and very angry end bosses
  • Classical RPG elements: quests, treasures, trade, leveling up and out­fitting a party of unique heroes
  • Enjoyable multiple choice dialogues and conversation puzzles in the style of classic adventures, such as Monkey Island or Maniac Mansion

*In chess, a Grotesque is a problem or endgame study which features a particularly unlikely initial position, especially one in which White fights with a very small force against a much larger black army. Grotesques are generally intended to be humorous.
Thanks to Jonathon for a similar submission.
More information.

I have this one already and can tell you it's a lot of fun. I almost didn't buy it when I looked at the back of the box because it looked so much like a JRPG, but it doesn't play like one. The dialogue is.......I want to say okay, but there really are a lot of lost in translation moments in this game. There were a few times I laughed at how they made fun of JRPGS, referenced other games like Zelda and Gothic, but those were only a few times. The rest of the dialogue is either confusing or just flat out boring.

However, I wasn't buying this game for it's dialogue. I bought it for the TB battles. I did like that. You wander around in realtime mode until you come across a monster and then it switches to TB. This can get a little hectic sometimes because you have your "posse of evil heroes" following behind you. You have no control of where they will end up when you switch to TB. I had an archer go down like a ton of bricks because she ended up too close to the enemy when I switched to TB. That only happened a few times and normally the weaker guys are farther back behind me than that.

One thing I didn't like was the initiative...or lack thereof. It's always the same order. I go first followed by the rest of my crew then the creatures. My party always goes in the same order as well. There are times I would have loved it if my archers went first then I did, but it never changes.

Still with that gripe aside I did have fun. It's a lite tactics game, but it has just enough to keep me interested. I highly recommend that anyone who plays this game bump up the difficulty to hard. On normal I breezed through the game without hardly a scratch.

Back
Top Bottom