Gothic 3 making fire arrows ?

rpgdude

Watchdog
I am a little confused about this. First I need 20 alchemy points then the next step: (1) learn the trade with 8 learning points and 1500 gold (2) buy a recipe for 1500 gold. So buying the recipe would be cheaper since I don't need to spend 8 learning points, something isn't right here?

Thanks. BTW, my fire arrows do not burn anymore. The only difference that I think of is I am playing as an archer (instead of warrior) and I started using AI ?

They should burn like a torch.

What do you mean you "started using AI"? The alternative AI requires a new game.

What do you mean you "started using AI"? The alternative AI requires a new game.

I was playing a fighter w/o AI. Then I changed to archer with AI. Now I used the option AI for both games. Actually I don't know what exactly is AI? Anyway, here are the settings:

Alternative balancing
Alternative AI

I would also play with that setup, although it makes the game harder.

"AI" is the common abbreviation for "artificial intelligence". The CP changed a couple things in enemy behaviour. That's why they called it "alternative AI". A detailed explanation can be found in the manual for the Community Patch. It's as pdf in the G3 folder.

I retested both games and the fire arrows still burned in the fighter game, but not in the archer game. What can I do now?

I would also play with that setup, although it makes the game harder.

Why ? I just move each game to a separate folder.

Why ? I just move each game to a separate folder.

? I don't understand this reply in that context at all, but for some reason it reminds me of a Dilbert along the lines of:

Boss: "My laptop is so heavy."
Dilbert: "Did you consider deleting some files?"

Sorry folks. My fault really. I dragged the fire arrows to the quick slot but didn't highlight it in the inventory. Hmm, basic mistake.

I'm not sure if AAI needs a new game. AB does, but I'm not sure about AAI.
Nope you can change Alternative AI whenever you want.If you do it during a battle you might see some strange behavior though.

Nope you can change Alternative AI whenever you want

Yes. I found that out. But Gorath probably mistaken it with AB. AB does need a new game and I just found that out too.

I also found out that the ingredients for fire-arrows cost more than just buying them. Oh well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom