Xbox One

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Seems like all the latest info on the next Xbox is a lot of talk about everything but the games. I paid attention to the first info for PS4 and at least Sony puts up the appearance of having their priorities straight - that the 'main course' of a GAMING console, is, uhhhh... the games. Almost none of the new info about the next Xbox is interesting to me at this point - I just don't care about all the non-gaming hoopla about the machine.

Seems like all the latest info on the next Xbox is a lot of talk about everything but the games. I paid attention to the first info for PS4 and at least Sony puts up the appearance of having their priorities straight - that the 'main course' of a GAMING console, is, uhhhh… the games. Almost none of the new info about the next Xbox is interesting to me at this point - I just don't care about all the non-gaming hoopla about the machine.

Well they supposedly have 15 exclusive games only on the Xbox One. You will have to wait till E3 in June to find out more. Three have been revealed already.

Sadly for me I have no interest after the reveal due to Microsoft's decisions and policy's for the next system.

I'll most likely be doing the same thing I did for the last two console generations. - Wait for the prices to drop a bit and then buy a Playstation.

I never saw a reason to own an Xbox or Xbox 360 if you have a decent gaming PC. The majority of premier titles always get released for PC and are usually superior to the Xbox versions.

On the other hand, the Playstation consoles always seem to have just enough interesting exclusives to make me want to purchase them.

There's also conflicting information on whether or not this new iteration of the XBox will support freely redistributable used games. There's talk that simply lending a game to a friend will require a licensing fee to be paid on their part…

If there was ever a time to get into consoles, it isn't now in the case of the XBox.

Seems like all the latest info on the next Xbox is a lot of talk about everything but the games. I paid attention to the first info for PS4 and at least Sony puts up the appearance of having their priorities straight - that the 'main course' of a GAMING console, is, uhhhh… the games. Almost none of the new info about the next Xbox is interesting to me at this point - I just don't care about all the non-gaming hoopla about the machine.

I'm the exact opposite, I have zero interest in the games for consoles. I will probably buy an xbox or ps4 but it will be strictly a bluray player and media server. So which ever 1 has the better hoopla will be for me.:)

I should clearify, the better hoopla for FREE. If I have to buy an xbox live gold membership to use all these features then i'll go the ps4 route for sure.

I think many people will have to accept were not part of the demographic their aiming for. I know it hurts but it's the truth. It wont be the first time a company decides this.

Getting older sucks.:-/

I think many people will have to accept were not part of the demographic their aiming for. I know it hurts but it's the truth. It wont be the first time a company decides this.

Getting older sucks.:-/
Well said and very true. Applies to software just as much as hardware, too.

It's simple, really.

If the platform offers good games I can't otherwise have access to, I'll get it. If not, I won't.

I'm the exact opposite, I have zero interest in the games for consoles. I will probably buy an xbox or ps4 but it will be strictly a bluray player and media server. So which ever 1 has the better hoopla will be for me.:)

It's very possible that you may be part of a much larger demographic that embraces the scope of all the non-gaming features of this machine. And I don't even mind features of a platform that I don't use - they're there if you want to use them but don't have to. I just get concerned because the console gaming industry seems mired in a lot of details like social media, new takes on controllers, and many other things while the focus on GAMES seems to be secondary. Hope I'm wrong. I think Nintendo has really gone south with such a big emphasis on its new controller and have sort of scratched it's head over the last year or so wondering why Wii U consoles haven't been selling well. Maybe, it's um, that there aren't any compelling games for it? The new fancy controller is neato (I guess) but even now there aren't any MUST HAVE games (at least for me anyway).

I think many people will have to accept were not part of the demographic their aiming for.

I couldn't agree more. That is exactly how I feel. I am not part of their target audience. I'll probably still buy one anyway because I'm a slave to gaming, but it will be years down the road when it costs much less and hopefully by then there will be at least a few games I will be interested in that are only available on that machine.

If the platform offers good games I can't otherwise have access to, I'll get it. If not, I won't.

This is what it really boils down to. It's why I don't care much about the other stuff really.

Thanks for the above links!

Sakichop-
Arent there Better, dedicated electronics for that sort of thing? Seems like buying a car not to drive, but to sit in the driveway listening to music on a tricked out cd player.

Xbox One is most awaited this year. Most of us want to have it, right?

Sakichop-
Arent there Better, dedicated electronics for that sort of thing? Seems like buying a car not to drive, but to sit in the driveway listening to music on a tricked out cd player.

Maybe, we will have to see all its capabilities when it gets closer to release. Also I play madden so I will buy one of the new consoles just for that. If they still made it for pc I would probably skip the consoles.

I already have a Ferrari ( my pc). So it would be more like buying a second car that I could drive when it snows or when I go to a bad part of town.:)

It's very possible that you may be part of a much larger demographic that embraces the scope of all the non-gaming features of this machine. And I don't even mind features of a platform that I don't use - they're there if you want to use them but don't have to. I just get concerned because the console gaming industry seems mired in a lot of details like social media, new takes on controllers, and many other things while the focus on GAMES seems to be secondary. Hope I'm wrong. I think Nintendo has really gone south with such a big emphasis on its new controller and have sort of scratched it's head over the last year or so wondering why Wii U consoles haven't been selling well. Maybe, it's um, that there aren't any compelling games for it? The new fancy controller is neato (I guess) but even now there aren't any MUST HAVE games (at least for me anyway).

I couldn't agree more. That is exactly how I feel. I am not part of their target audience. I'll probably still buy one anyway because I'm a slave to gaming, but it will be years down the road when it costs much less and hopefully by then there will be at least a few games I will be interested in that are only available on that machine.

This is what it really boils down to. It's why I don't care much about the other stuff really.

I don't really embrace the non gaming feature. It's just that I game on my pc 99.999% of the time. I play madden of the console and that's it. So if I'm going to get much use out of it it would be because of its non gaming features.

I bought a ps3 for madden and bluray capabilities and it turned out to be the best bluray player I'd owned.

I agree 100% about Nintendo. I played the crap out of my nes and snes but lost interest when they released the n64 and its god awful controller. Seems like innovation for consoles = motion controllers, touch screens and any and every way possible to connect to other people. None of which interests me.

I used to game on consoles quite a bit but now that all games are cross platform it killed any interest I had to play on consoles. Consoles and pc's used to offer 2 different gaming experiences for ex. Baldurs gate on the pc and baldurs gate dark alliance on console. Those differences no longer exists and since I greatly prefer m&k input I have no use for console as a gaming platform.(other than madden)

Don't need it, don't want it. I have a perfectly good PC that does everything I need it to when it comes to gaming, and at a lower cost, plus everything I need a computer for, and I've certainly got no need for an "entertainment console". I've got other, far cheaper devices that do what I need in that area.

I've missed out on absolutely nothing by not owning a PS3 or 360 and I doubt I'll miss out on anything this generation, either, regardless of what their brainwashing departments have to say. :p

There's some good exclusive titles you've missed out on, whether that's important or not to you is up to you to decide. But you have missed out on some cool titles, like Journey

Back
Top Bottom