Children of War - A New Co-Op Fantasy RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Children of War: Blood And Snow is the next promising RPG kickstarter asking for $50,000 to get funded. The developer Shadowforge describe the game as following.

What is Blood And Snow?

Blood and Snow is a 3D isometric single player or cooperative Role Playing game. Although Blood and Snow is set in an open world there is a strong central story-line presented through quests. We focus on giving players lots of choices but unlike other games, we think it's important to make you choose between bad and worse instead of bad and good. The grey areas of life and the complexity of the human psyche are our focus and we want to drag you into the depths of moral conflict.

You will play as a Demigod who was charged in the past with guiding humanity in a world where humanity as a whole fears you.

There are no classes in Blood and Snow. Instead you will have access to a flattened ability tree which allows you to customize your play style and level individual abilities and spells as you see fit.

Your Demigod is completely customizable down to very minute detail as is your armor, weaponry and mount.

There will be a branching dialogue system in story quests which will allow you to shape the world as you play.Blood and Snow is being developed in the Unity engine and will initially release for PC, Mac and Linux.

The game will be available in English with plans to translate into Japanese, German and Spanish initially. (If there's a big demand for another language we'll look into adding it.)

Blood and Snow will be distributed DRM-free (Steam is our targeted primary distribution network but we will also distribute on other DRM-free networks.
More information.

I'm not sure I'd dislike this game, in fact I might like it a lot. But how many ARPGS that focus on action and exploration have we see on kickstarter or released (or are going to be released)?
I'd really advise the developers to try to point out what seperates their game from a Van Helsing, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Diablo 3, Torchlight, Sacred 3, but also a Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Lichedom, Demonicon et. et. I don't know about others here, but "the equipment looks better" is not selling point enough for me.

Yeah. It seems like everybody wants to make action rpgs. I'm tired of them personally. I thought after Wastelan, PE, Shadowrun and Torment, that those kind of old school rpgs might kick off, but I haven't seen anything interesting so far.

Wonder if they know the games acronym will be COW:BS.

Other than that I have nothing of value to add at this time. I wish them well.

Wonder if they know the games acronym will be COW:BS.
O_O
I would never ever back a co-op grinder, not in a million years.
But a game with that title? Hell yes!
$20 just went into the pot.

50,000 and delivery 2015, December.

Very low funding target.

Back
Top Bottom