Divinity 2 - Preview @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN has a new look at Divinity 2 with details about a "Battle Tower":
After running through the basics once more, we were given a look at the Battle Tower. This is a special building you'll gain access to roughly six hours into the game that will act as a home for your character. There you can do anything from storing valuables to upgrading your character. It's a place you'll be spending a lot of time at if you get hooked on Divinity 2.

The tower has a series of platforms for you to visit and take advantage of. Before you can, you'll have to recruit inhabitants. Each one you find has specific talents, so choosing one as your alchemist over another will reflect how you want to play. The first platform we saw is one where you can build a minion that can be summoned to fight alongside you in battle. By finding limbs, heads, and bodies (most often in boss fights) you'll be able to play a Frankenstein of sorts to piece together your monster.
More information.

The more previews I read, the more I get the impression that all of this sounds a little too good to be true. Balancing so many different aspects into a single game is very hard, often leading to a lot of bugs and technical issues (Gothic 3 and Hellgate: London are good examples of games trying to do too much).

We'll see though - it would be fantastic if they actually made it as good as they make it sound.

Same here, Bartacus. I loved DD, but hated BD. I need a demo or some positive word of mouth before laying down the bucks for this one.

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say everyone thought Beyond Divinity was crap, even the developers said it was just in different words.

I didn't like Beyond Divinity, because it was too dark for my taste, overall.

Although it had several interesting ideas, I especially found the hack & slay part in the "Battlefields" a bit too much.

Perhaps the most limiting aspect of the visuals in Divinity 2 is the style. Plenty of medieval-inspired, dragon-touting RPGs exist, and the looks in this game do little to make it stand out from the pack.

For at least the last few years it seems almost trendy for the press to make comments like this. I really disagree.. I like classic RPG fantasy settings. Forests.. dragons... dungeons.. and yes, even elves.

I'm no where anywhere near getting tired of that setting.

For at least the last few years it seems almost trendy for the press to make comments like this.

Reminds me of the dubious fashion to "hate" Peter Gabriel, as far as I know, this weird habit actually existed in the press during the last years or/and during the 90s.

I can say this much

Looks way better than Sacred (which that demo was junk...yuck)

Back
Top Bottom