Official Thief: Deadly Shadows Soundtrack

txa1265

SasqWatch
OK, this was just brought up at BluesNews as 'news' despite having happened a year ago. I hadn't grabbed it then as the link didn't work for me, but it is now hosted at a different site.

Check it out here:

Here is the note on the original release:
I was telling someone about the T: DS soundtrack and mentioned that the official soundtrack had been released. I did a Google search to find him a link and, to my surprise, couldn't find one.

So I started digging, and soon came to realize that the official soundtrack had not been released as I thought.

However, in the distant past I acquired the soundtrack through developer methods I shall not name, and since it's not available anywhere else I figured I'd post it here.

As the thread title said, this is not the Nightfall rip (though thanks go to Nightfall for putting in the time for such a quality release).

These are the real files, mixed professionally from the game source content.

And they also have stuff from Thief 1 & 2 as well as the aforementioned Nightfall release and other fan mixes.

Yep, these went into the rotation of music I listen to while coding as soon as we... er... acquired them from Mystery Dev.

Sadly, the "official" ones were mixed extremely hot, so you're likely to experience significant distortion if you have any kind of digital equalization turned on while playing them -- so you may want to disable EQ for most players.

Nightfall's remixes were done from the in-game samples, and sound much cleaner if you have EQ turned on.

Back
Top Bottom