Precursors - More Screens @ Worthplaying

magerette

Hedgewitch
Worthplaying adds a number of (hopefully) new screenshots to their gallery for Precursors, the sci-fi title in development by Deep Shadows. You can view them here.
More information.

They are new screenshots and I hope it won't be too long before this game comes out.

Aside from a few of the space shots which show some kind of tacky satellites (or something), that was a really nice batch of screenshots. I'm still excited about this one.

Shouldn't this have been out ages ago? It was already looking dated last I checked. Must-buy for me all the same though. Yay Boiling Point :)

Actually, having looked at them now, I think it looks great :)

They are doing 2 games at the same time and they will both be released in Russia before anywhere alse. (I think either this game or White Gold has been released in Russia)

I didn't follow it so far, but it does sound interesting. A bit like the (in)famous Battlecruiser series, but on a more digestible scale and level of complexity.

I'm glad to hear this is still coming ... so many games seem to have fallen by the wayside lately.

I think either this game or White Gold has been released in Russia
Whaaaaa? They possibly released WG in Russia?

This is the first I have heard this could possibly a Russian only, initial release. How could this happen without the English speaking press even being notified? Deep Shadows talked about how they were releasing English too, maybe it's an economy issue they haven't spoken about publicly. Even then releasing on Steam, needing only one initial marketing campaign is much cheaper than trying to deal with any publisher, if that's the case.

Damn, I miss Shadowmoses's site about Deep Shadows games. The only thing I can think of it was some kind of Russian language only beta test.

The same thing happened with Boiling Point where it was released in russia long before anywhere else. The good thing about this is we get a much more stable game then russia initially gets.

I think that both games will come out in Europe and the U.S. but it will take awhile.

EDIT: It is White Gold which has been released in russia and is on the White Gold website.

It's discouraging though that there's no word at all in the forums of an English release. Absolutely nothing. Some of the regulars there that have been critical to helping newbies on the forums, promoting the game, etc. all appear to be in the dark as well, and I feel particularly bad for them as they've put a decent amount of time into the English speaking Deep Shadows community.

Holy crap, I wonder if that's why he shut down his site. Could have found out there was going to be no English release, yet was under a NDA and couldn't say anything, so he just shut down his site out of complete frustration.

Thanks, guenthar for the news, disappointing as it may be. I don't see any info on the English Deep Shadows White Gold site, so maybe this info is only on a Russian site? This is the only English site/link I see atm.
http://www.deep-shadows.com/en/projects.php?id=8

It looks like there were some efforts going into an English translation for the Russian version. But I think those petered out as well.

This is tremendously saddening. I was really looking forward to White Gold - despite its flaws I really liked Boiling Point.

I hope they can find an English language publisher. I really hope they are even trying.

So what are the opinions on White Gold in Russia?

I can't believe they can't call up Gabe (hell, everyone else does) and work out some kind of flexible deal, it must still be beta.

@Mike: Reading on the Deep Shadows English forums, it sounds like it was a bug-ridden mess (w/ obvious potential). At least one person said that it was buggier than Boiling Point when it first came out. Now these could just be a vocal minority, but since these were people who liked the game enough to do things like modding, I'm thinking it's likely true.

If true, we can hope the English release is just on hold until they fix things up. I just worry about the lack of Deep Shadows' involvement in the White Gold forums. They used to go in there and ask for comments and such, which I found very promising. Their sudden silence, therefore, is equivalently discouraging. And it bodes poorly for Precursors indirectly, I think.

Thanks for the update, sad as it is to read ...

Back
Top Bottom