The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/66599/

The game? 50€
Season pass? 40

O_O

Oh and:
This season pass for Batman: Arkham Knight delivers new content every month for 6 months, featuring new story missions, more supervillains invading Gotham City, new legendary Batmobiles, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks.
Not cutouts sold separately, my arse.

For sure there are people on this very site who adore being scammed and will instabuy this game.
Me? I'll toss that very same cash to a few full game kickstarter projects.

EDIT:
Found a nice quote on Steam crybaby forum:
meanwhile in australia: $60 for season pass...
:D

Mine says $40 in Australia for the season pass. Not that I've ever bought a season pass (or a Batman game). $90 US for both the game and pass with preorder discount. It's possible they haven't applied their Australia tax yet.

As long as they release what they say they will over the next 6 months then there's no scam.

A scam by definition requires, fraud, deception, tricks, no of which are present here. They tell you what the content will involve, how much it costs and when it will be delivered. No scam.

Actually many kickstarters fit the definition of scam better. Such as D:OS taking money for stretch goals and then not delivering it or kickstarters that don't release at all. Those would fit the description of scam better.

That's by far not a new low. EA's premium pass is $60 so this Batman season pass is a steal by comparison ;) . Also, you get maybe three "expansion packs" (like three half-new maps and some half-new vehicles and (re-)skins) over the course of two years for EA's pass while they really seem to be having quite the lineup here.
It is indeed quite suspicious though that they seem to have a very detailed six month plan. Smells like cut content and piecemeal delivery from several blocks away.
So definitely big thumbs down but a new low this is not. The new low will be defined by Star Wars Battlefront later this year when EA will be deploying their "aggressive" DLC plans.
An “aggressive” DLC plan is also in place, with five content packs, each containing at least three maps as well as characters from The Force Awakens.

It's a feature. A lot of people complained about games being too long. Now the publishers found a way to give their customers what they want: shorter games AND the possibility to buy additional content, should they desire so.

It's actually not a bad solution, IMHO. You even get to try before you buy. (That's IF they give you a good, solid game to start with.)

Talking about crazy DLC, though...

Dead or Alive 5 is only $36 and comes with a lot of costumes. If you want more, though, you can buy the fun theme set for $55. Or the Halloween Debut set for $65. Or the swimsuit-heavy tropical paradise set for $65 (with some movies). Or the variety set for $75. Or all four for $260! I expect more are incoming, too, because some people are buying them. I wonder if they'll get to the point where the full DLC will cost 10 times the basic game's price?

Talking about crazy DLC, though…

Dead or Alive 5 is only $36 and comes with a lot of costumes. If you want more, though, you can buy the fun theme set for $55. Or the Halloween Debut set for $65. Or the swimsuit-heavy tropical paradise set for $65 (with some movies). Or the variety set for $75. Or all four for $260! I expect more are incoming, too, because some people are buying them. I wonder if they'll get to the point where the full DLC will cost 10 times the basic game's price?

Steak 10 $
Potatoes 9 $
Spices to that 5 $
A drink, too ? Makes 4 $
Cold drink ? Plus 1,50 $
Warm drink ? 1 $
Oh, and you actually want some cutlery ? Makes an additional 9 $
Oh, and I've forgot ... - The glass for the drink costs only 2 $ !

Back
Top Bottom