Drakensang: TRoT - Ergo's AddonPack v1.5 Released

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Ergo has updated his AddonPack for Drakensang: The River of Time to v1.5. Here's a feature list:

• New application icon
  • 3 new advantages for combat attributes
  • 7 new advantages for spells
  • 6 new disadvantages
  • 10 traits
  • 8 backgrounds (advantages)
  • 50% faster plant lore (gathering) and animal lore (skinning)
  • 25% faster movement speeds for all (including NPCs and monsters)
  • Renamed some attributes and special abilities back to as they were in Drakensang 1
  • Game follows orignal P&P rules more accurately
  • Darker dungeons
  • Localization fixes
  • Bug fixes
For a download link, discussion and a detailed change log please visit this thread in our own forum.
More information.

This is not known. It works with the English Benelux retail version. Give it a try and let us know if it works with the US DL version.

This is not really related to Ergo's pack (good job btw) but has Phileasson's Secret been released with english voiceovers anywhere?

Does this work on the US release?

AFAIK, yes it should work. If issues, report them to forum.

This is not really related to Ergo's pack (good job btw) but has Phileasson's Secret been released with english voiceovers anywhere?

Not yet, but it's in the plans if memory serves.

I have the US version from GamersGate and it does not work. When I click the install bat file it says "Error: system unable to find the specified registry key or value." Can anyone help me with this?

Who would possibly want that to happen? PS was the worst RPG add-on/expansion/DLC released in the last 20 years, easily. That's not an exaggeration. It was vile. It was self-torture. It was utter shite.

For lovers of TDE lore it is interesting to visit Tie'Shianna. Finally.
And to meet the legend of Philleasson himself !

Unfortunately - as it seems to me - the bancrupcy of Radon Labs hindered them to make a truly epic expension out of it … Or even worse : Maybe they believed in Drakensang 2 NOT selling well because of the LACK of fights …

By the way : There's a new TDE novel out there since several weeks : "The Fall Of Tie'Shianna". I haven't got it, but is is said to stay true to the events (or vice versa ?).

For lovers of TDE lore it is interesting to visit Tie'Shianna. Finally.
And to meet the legend of Philleasson himself !

Unfortunately - as it seems to me - the bancrupcy of Radon Labs hindered them to make a truly epic expension out of it … Or even worse : Maybe they believed in Drakensang 2 NOT selling well because of the LACK of fights …

By the way : There's a new TDE novel out there since several weeks : "The Fall Of Tie'Shianna". I haven't got it, but is is said to stay true to the events (or vice versa ?).

I'm playing River of Time now and I'm loving it. I only played the Dark Eye demo before and had know idea what a decent series this is. I'm surprised RoT hasn't recieved more attention. What a shame Radeon is tanking…

Wow that's terrible if it's true that Radon Labs has tanked. Yet another good RPG developer out of business. How did this happen? I thought that Drakensang sold quite well in Germany, or at least well enough to keep the company afloat. What really saddens me is that I've only recently discovered the wonderful Drakensang series, and basically I believe that Drakensang and TRoT are really solid RPGs. I really wanted to see how Drakensang evolved and progressed, along with whatever other projects Radon Labs created. Guess that won't happen now… Add another corpse to strengthen the case that old-school inspired RPGs can't be financially successful anymore (at least in terms of AAA-level titles), along with the sickening feeling that there will be more dumbing down on the RPG horizon.

Edit: Just did some digging around, and found out the terrible truth. I really wish I would have known about this before buying both titles to support a now defunct company... If I had known, I would have waited for a cheaper price.

Question:
What if i buy the game (was planning it to buy), who will get the money?

Why do you care?

- the retailer
- the local publisher (and/or distributor(s))
- dtp
- Radon Labs (no longer exists)
Get a piece of the cake. Radon Labs's piece goes to whoever took over their rights. This could be the company who bought them, or maybe dtp made a deal with their liquidator, or somebody else. It hasn't been announced, it's only clear that such rights don't disappear. Usually the liquidator uses them to create value for the creditors in one way or the other.

Playing Devil's Advocate:

Ah, but buying the game no longer benefits me in any way. I normally buy games so that I will have a chance of getting more games by the developer. Since the company is bankrupt, there is no chance of that happening. It would be best to just get the game as cheaply as possible. <wink, wink>

Uh, and what is the other side supposed to answer to this ?

I understand people want to support the developer but please remember dtp actually, you know, paid for it. (A) they deserve to be paid for their investment and, (B) they are less likely to green-light this type of game in the future if they don't sell. Even when Radon Labs existed, the money would have gone to dtp first. In fact, I'd be surprised if Drakensang was ever expected to make significant royalties for Radon Labs.

Well, fact is, that the loss of Radon Labs further strengthened the (tongue-in-cheek) kind of urban legend of a "curse" on TDE games … Because Attic went bancrupt + LMK was cancelled, Ikarion went bancrupt + Armalion was cancelled, Rdon Labs went bancrupt … and Philleasson's Secret was almost cancelled … but turned out to be a similar thing to the very last game of Black Isle … Lionheart …

I once did a Wikipedia article on Drakensang 1 in Wikipedia ... It was deleted with the argument "... and no-one knows whether this game will ever be released ..." The "curse" is working in the minds of the people ...

Back
Top Bottom