Might & Magic X - The Freemage

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Might & Magic X another open dev update focusing on one of the class types you can play.I present to you the Freemage.

Detailed_Freemage-mini.jpg

The Freemage’s business is magic of any kind. She has no clue about weapons, but she knows how to cast a mighty fireball or a devastating thunderstorm. In fact, she can become quite excellent with Fire and Air. But basically she is familiar with all schools of magic. The Freemage uses artifacts in order to channel the magic forces and enhance her magic dimensions. She shouldn’t get involved too much in melee fights; else her end might come soon.
And we can't forget about this update for a dragon cake. It was a reward for the team. My birthday is in a few weeks I think I want one.

dragon_cake_2.jpg

More information.

Love the art style shown.

Glad to see the skill table as well (at least for one class). Really can't wait for this game!

The skill table is on the bottom pic, right? :)

Hopefully, they develop and release the other spellcaster classes' soon,

Interesting direction for the magic skills at least. They're definitely going for the schools they used in M&M6. Since each of the four races will have a 'magic' class, and this one has Primordial, Dark, and Air able to grand master, I wonder if each race will have a few schools they can grand master in.

Maybe something like:
  • Water, Air, Light for the Elves
  • Fire, Primordial, and something else for the Orcs
  • Fire, Earth, and something else for the Orcs

Last edited:
I didn't know there would be so many character building options. I'm just hoping for a semblance of balance.

I don't love the name freemage, but I love just about everything else. I'll definitely have to start paying more attention to this game.

Still waiting to see if this game brings anything besides the old school M&M combat experience.

Back
Top Bottom