Gothic 3 Any word on Patch2, eta?

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Hey haven't seen this yet and it would be nice to hear about any new info that appears.
So if anyone has seen anything, especially maybe on an German board which often seems to get info first, it would be much appreciated. ;)

Allegedly, a second patch is in the works, but no ETA yet.

I found this linked into a Hungarian forum. This is a quote from the Assistant Community Manager on the German forums:

"Wer sich mal macht ein paar Gedanken,
Wird nicht verwiesen in die Schranken.

Ein Patch, oh Graus!, der braucht doch Zeit,
so steht er euch alsbald bereit.

Ein Datum, das weiß jeder Wicht,
existiert zur Zeit (für die öffentlichkeit) noch leider nicht.

Doch seid gewarnt und hört gut zu,
Schonbald ist er da und hier herrscht Ruh'"

I take it you can understand this since your bio mentions your from Hungry. ;)
Lol, what does that say/mean? :D

I read that the next patch will fix certain AI issues, but that's all I know at this point.

It's German and means that the patch is coming soon but no exact date has been nailed down yet. Someone at the JoWood forums thought it'd be funny to start a thread where you need to speak in rhymes (poem-like, not rap/hip hop style :D ). The above is the community manager's little poem regarding the patch. Probably translates absolutely horrible in Bablefish ;) .

@ Maylander: There are conflicting statements about the 2nd patch. Kai Rosenkranz from PB said that AI issues will be addressed in the next patch and I think it was someone from JoWood who said more recently that AI fixes will be coming but not in this next, upcoming patch. Since the second statement is newer, I'd assume that the next patch will only be addressing the most glaring issues like the boars and some other balancing issues plus technical stuff like lens flare inside structures/caves etc. - We'll see...

I am hoping that the next patch is prior to US release ...

Well soon I hope as it is looking more and more of my problem with not finding the Rangers and Porgan is due to them being killed by boars and scavengers, at least I think that is what some of translations from WoG forum means.
Since anyone can be killed I am guessing that while I was trying to fight the boars near the overturned cart, their area was spawed with mosters near.
One thread seems to translate to "poor Porgan was an animal lover so he just watched while the scavnger killed him".
To make things worst I can't use the console to spawn another of the killed due to the letters and console flickering leaves it impossible to read. :(

Unless that is not his cave to the right of the road near the overturned cart and someone can explain to me how to find the correct cave.
I hate to start over agian due to a medium problem like this due to the fact that the chances it will hapen again in the next 100 hours of playing the game trying to see everything are like a billion to one it will happen again. :(

Last edited:
Well soon I hope as it is looking more and more of my problem with not finding the Rangers and Porgan is due to them being killed by boars and scavengers, at least I think that is what some of translations from WoG forum means.
Since anyone can be killed I am guessing that while I was trying to fight the boars near the overturned cart, their area was spawed with mosters near.
One thread seems to translate to "poor Porgan was an animal lover so he just watched while the scavnger killed him".
To make things worst I can't use the console to spawn another of the killed due to the letters and console flickering leaves it impossible to read. :(

Unless that is not his cave to the right of the road near the overturned cart and someone can explain to me how to find the correct cave.
I hate to start over agian due to a medium problem like this due to the fact that the chances it will hapen again in the next 100 hours of playing the game trying to see everything are like a billion to one it will happen again. :(

This happened to me as well with a camp of Orcs near Nordmar. Some wolves owned an entire camp of orcs before I could save the named guy :(

Now I've never had a problem with the wolves; I can take them out 2 at a time quite easily with just a sword. Some of the other beasties are a tad more challenging!! :)

Beasts are only a problem if you use 1h weapon; with 2h weapon, ranged weapon or magic they're all fairly easy.

I'd say the most important things to fix right now are:
1. The guru memory issue.
2. Main quest bugs, such as vital NPCs falling through the world. This will ruin many peoples' games, and I suspect there are quite a few who have never heard of Marvin mode, and will never bother with it - they'll just quit the game.

Please lets not forget the flashing white light from HELL! ;)

I actually found them, I had started a new game when I realised I went the path of the Bandits at the river and never went back and checked the long path the Merc mentioned.
Hell you tell me I will get attack by Bandits, I am there!
Loot and XP, baby Loot and XP thats life and its good. :p

Hehe yeah, I completed that part of the game three times without finding them - constantly went straight to the bandits to get xp and loot!

Jowood Forum leaked:

The plan is:
Patch comes out this week !

Great news, thanks HiddenX. :)

Jowood Forum leaked:

The plan is:
Patch comes out this week !

Excellent news if this is true !

So Mr Paeck meant "Certainly a LOT earlier than 5-6 weeks" in his
Krawall interview then ;) Damn that smooth PR humor is hard to get...
The language barrier might have done it for me also ofcourse...

Makes me glad that I decided to hold out a couple of days longer...

P.S Mr HiddenX <salute> you are a very handy fellow to have around :)

You know one problem with this, there is a very good chance we will all have to start new games as with the first patch.
Testing different options with the performance, unpatched save will not work with a patched game and the reverse, iir.

That is always a concern with patches ... I guess discovering that will be key for some people to decide if they'll install or not.

I won't patch if it means losing save games. I've spent too many hours getting to the point I am to begin again right now. After all, I've NWN2 coming out soon as well!! :)

Back
Top Bottom