Gothic 3 Brand New to the Gothic Series

NecroZombie

Watcher
Hi all. I'm dl'ing Gothic 3 for D2D as we speak.

I understand that there are many issues with the unpatched game so I'm just going to ask.... Where do I start?

Is there an order of patches I need to follow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to our forum!

While you wait for the others to confirm whether or not the latest community patch includes the official patches, you should download CP 1.73 (or is it 1.74 already?). It improves more than a 1000 smaller and bigger things compared to G3 v1.12.

Make sure to read the manual coming with the CP 1.73. You have to decide a few things, and not everything can be reversed without starting a new game.

Gothic 3 is a rather untypical Gothic game. It's big and full of relatively unimportant side quests. The other games are deeper and take place in much smaller worlds.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I'm coming from Oblivion so the unimportant side quests are no stranger ;)

And starting a new game is not an issue either - since I haven't even finished dl'ing the game.lol.

I just want to make sure I get what I need to have a good time playing right off the bat.

Also, I'm using Vista 64 - is there an issue with that?

Yes. Unless you have a recent ATI card, in which case there is one more file (shadow bug).

I do have an ATI card, but even worse is that I have dl'd the 1.73 patch... but something is wrong. It doesn't recognize that exe file for some reason.

I can't run the patch.

Any suggestions?

Post it in the official forum for the CP. Maybe the D2D exe is different.

Download it again.

Done. Of course I'll have to wait until I get home to see if it worked. It took ALL NIGHT and this morning to dl it..... wow. At times I was down to under 5kb/sec

Hopefully it'll work this time around.

*sigh*

Didn't work. Oh well another $30 bucks down the drain. And it looked like a promising game too.

As I wrote, post in the developer forum for the CP. It's more than likely they didn't have access to the D2D version. Maybe they are willing to add a check for this specific exe. This can't be more than 1 or 2 lines of code.

Ussually D2D versions are very hard to patch, a big reason to not buy games from there....... I like their prices though :D

Another idea:

Extract the exe from one of the official patches and put it into the G3 directory. It's possible the CP installs then.

Another idea:

Extract the exe from one of the official patches and put it into the G3 directory. It's possible the CP installs then.

I'll give that a go this evening. I also posted on the official forum like you suggested. Hopefully someone will recognize what the issue is.

BTW - Does everybody hit severe slowdown when downloading this patch, or is that just me too?

Thank you all very much for being responsive.

Weird.. I was able to DL the 1.72 and get it working just fine.

Maybe it was the source of the DL

So the game runs now?

1.73 added some nice stuff. Check if there's a small update patch.

Maybe it was the source of the DL

Could be but if you keep having issues with extracting large archives in general then you should check your RAM or have it checked at a repair center.

Back
Top Bottom