Elemental: War of Magic - v1.06 Patch

Be careful it will break all previous saved games. There are 2 versions of the 1.06 patch - the 1.06 path and 1.06 patch with hotfix. Version notes are identical for both it's the later patch + hotfix which breaks savegames.
I don't see and major memory leaks now, but In using a Nvidia card it's ATI Cards that are the most problematic with the memory leak.

Does anyone know how to get ahead in this game? Been playing it a couple of days on beginner with like 8 ai and get owned every time. By the time i get some decent troops t seems the ai just have such better troops with like 2000 damage giants. I dont know what i am doign wrong. I did win with beginner and one ai but it felt really hollow. :(

Does anyone know how to get ahead in this game? Been playing it a couple of days on beginner with like 8 ai and get owned every time. By the time i get some decent troops t seems the ai just have such better troops with like 2000 damage giants. I dont know what i am doign wrong. I did win with beginner and one ai but it felt really hollow. :(

Cant help you yet, not playing till the game is patched for atleast 1.07 :p
However did you asked this same question at the stardock forums?

Cant help you yet, not playing till the game is patched for atleast 1.07 :p
However did you asked this same question at the stardock forums?

I guess they will just point me over to the faqs, but i will give it a try. This game has a ton of depth. I just want acouple of pointers as to what i should be doing to make my troops stronger.

I cant seem to login to the forums. :(

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to get ahead in this game?

I know it's tedious, but play the campaign. In essence it's one long tutorial. I've learned a lot about the finer points to the game through the campaign.

Make your own custom soverign like this guy.

str 13, dex 13, int 8, con 15, wis 12, cha 5

Royalty

organised, great leader

All spellbooks

blunt, ugly, inefficiant, insane.

start off placing your +1 materials building, buy your sov. a club, then go for a wander collecting stuff. Send janusk the other way. If they get attacked go to tactical battle, but run to the bright smoke cloud to escape if need be(edge of map). You never want your soverign to be in a city, he's always to be fighting. You make the most gold from NPC fights. Keep building everything you can on your town as you explore.

Research equipment / wartools, depending on faction, and get some basic armor. then research adventure and get the Quest related one. Get your notable level up to 2 which will unlock some nice quest items to pick up.

Some time around now you'll finish your arcane research building. You're going ot focus on buff enchantments for now. Stoneskin, arcane armor, arcane arms... Pretty much, combat spells are weak but work well in autoresolve fights. Ice stab is great for auto resolve, and the 2*int fire damage spell is good too.

From here you want to occasionally pick up a Civic tech, but mostly you want to get your soldiers Groups and Experience techs maxexd, so you can build elite version of units with more HP, and also stack them into groups. 4 basic units in a group is cheaper and stronger than a single very expensive one in special armor.

Also, you want to keep upgrading you soverign. Put your level up stats where you like. I find 3:2:1 str:dex:con is good.

Now at the moment, and im not sure if its actually a bug as ive mentioned it but heard nothing, plus is very obvious from a programmer point of view... anyway, you can wear unlimited rings and ammys, at the moment. So, as you kill keep buying wards of defense, etc, etc. It does certainly SEEM like a bug. But its an option if you're getting owned.

Anyways, without using the jewlery "bug" ive won a medium map with ridiculous AIs starting off just like this.... Its all about focusing on your soverign, and just bringing in groups of upgraded hps basic troops that dont require rare resources like elemenitum.

Sorry if this is a bit hard to follow, not really making a quality guide, just a... this. :)

Back
Top Bottom