Gothic 3 Prisoner in Lago

lanux128

Sentinel
how do i secure the release of the prisoner (Vatras) in Lago? After Mamuk had disclosed the identity of the prisoner, i went to see Fabio but nothing happened after that.. can i just beat up Fabio and get the key?

the best bet if i recall would be to go talk to shaykon (or something like that) also known as the lion who is the nomad with the...lion outside of lago to the northwest. there's some quests involving him and liberating the town. but when you do 'liberate' the town everyone will become your enemy except the prisoner and the weed farmer, ie no more quests. you'll have to make a trip to nordmar also if you want to complete the absolutely hilarious quest for the stoned out of his mine boatmaker/alchemist.

I just wiped out everyone, took the key and released him!! Much simpler than anything else!! :)

i prefer not to liberate the town as i'm afraid that it would jeopardize my standing with the Hashishin, not to mention the Orcs as there is a lone Orc in Lago.. is there any other way?

ahh sweet and cold blooded murder is much better than draining someones blood to feed and then leaving them alive;)

the prisoner is an enemy to you if you are siding with the orcs and hashishin, although i never did side with them i believe he will actually be on your "hit list" later. thankfully you can't please everyone in the game and if you choose a faction especially the orcs and hashishin there are lots of quests you won't be able to do. the only time killing orcs in varant will jeapordize your factional releationship with them is if you kill the orcs near the temple sites. the ones in the towns are linked to the hashinin towns and factions and if you were (which it appears you aren't) siding with the nomads and watermages you could liberate the towns and not piss off the orcs up north. though there are a bunch of quests that will surely improve your relationship with them (orcs) if you side with the hashishin.

I just wiped out everyone, took the key and released him!! Much simpler than anything else!! :)
I was doing all the stuff and felt stuck ... so that was what I ended up doing as well ...

i just found out that if i give 5 ice wolves skin to the stoned dude in the 1st house, i can get some XP points and a ship-building blueprint with which i can complete a quest in Silden (The Perfect Ship). Luckily i didn't start the liberation sooner.. :)

Can you even beat Fabio up without killing him? Leaders wont always follow the "unconscious" rule of other inhabitants.

I've managed to get to him while playing for the hashishin. When I told Gonzales that Fabio was unhelpful he suggested offing the poor sod just to get to the prisoner. So I killed Fabio in the middle of the night when nobody was watching and it didnt trigger any revolution:)

Has anyone actually gotten Shakyor to help with the liberation of Lago? When I last tried (vanilla 1.12) he just stood there even after I suggested a joint venture. Starting the slaughter didnt help either.

yes, Gonzales is not too pleased with Fabio.. after ditching Fabio, how did you get past the guards?

also sometimes i don't bother to wait for NPCs, i'll just finish the quest then let them know "it's done". mostly related to cave-clearing quests.. :)

IIRC the guards didnt bother me when I unlocked the door.

Sometimes you get experience, and more importantly, reputation rewards for following an NPC to his destination, so I try to do it. It bugs me when they fall into the void though...

Sorry to dredge up an ancient thread, but most of you have forgotten the amnesia spell to use on NPC's. The "stoned dude" will attack you during liberation, as will all the NPC'S...........but ya can beat them down and cast amnesia and it's like the liberation never happened.(Ummmmm, don't have a companion like Gorn or Diego with you when you smack/get smacked by someone cause they'll kill them) Can you imagine my joy when I left Gorn/Diego/whoever in the middle of a village and went to fight in the arena.........won the fight and Gorn/Diego/whoever runs in and finishes them off and all hell breaks loose. Reload, move Gorn/et.al FAR from the village and then go fight ;)

I hate ogres and canines. Not that it has anything to do with this thread...........but NOW ya know!

Can you imagine my joy when I left Gorn/Diego/whoever in the middle of a village and went to fight in the arena.........won the fight and Gorn/Diego/whoever runs in and finishes them off and all hell breaks loose. Reload, move Gorn/et.al FAR from the village and then go fight ;)

Never got that one Uriziel, but this just made me smile. Of the bugs in Gothic 3, this is quite a funny one.

Bartacus if CM ever meets you in person I want to be there to see the fireworks.

Bartacus if CM ever meets you in person I want to be there to see the fireworks.

Why JM? I probadly would give her a hug, because to tell you the truth: I really like her.
If you refer to the signature -> mine came later then hers. The previous one was about chocolate. She had something like: "Don't destroy earth. It's the only planet with chocolates." My response to that was:"Don't destroy Belgium. It's the only country with good chocolates." then she went for the signature she has today: "Bart is moving up on my list of potential blood donors with his new sig." So I just had to adapt again with my signature to make some sense.

Hugs might have to wait for the fireworks anyway lol.

yes, maybe PB were discreetly paying tribute to that movie.

Back
Top Bottom