Wasteland 2 - Interview with Brian Fargo @ Wasteland Chronicles

aries100

SasqWatch
Russian Fansite Wasteland Chronicles has talked with Brian Fargo about Kickstarter, clones & adaptations, and also about some of the games he's helped on their way e.g. Shattered Steel and Descent. A quote from the inteview about this:
In 1992, you actually brought into the industry Ayman Adham and Mike Morhaime, who later took the name Blizzard Entertainment. Whom else of your "students" can you be proud of?

I knew Ayman when he was just a kid and I always knew those guys had the goods. I am also proud that we gave Ray and Greg their first contract with Shattered Steel and despite it not selling well we gave them another shot with Baldur's Gate. I also gave Treyarch their first contract with Die By the Sword and Volition their first project with Descent. I have always tried to keep an eye out for talent. It's nice to see the Indie scene emerging the way it is.
More information.

We didn’t have many options for sound, voice and music back in the day and I really want to explore the use of the radio in a way that other games have not. I want to give the world much more texture and personality through voice than would have been possible.

I wonder what he means by that? Presumably something different than was done in FO3/FNV. Sounds intriguing.

I usually don't find reason to give praise to interviews that are prepackaged lists of questions as opposed to the give-and-take of live interview, but the questions there were *good*. The author deserves kudos for it.

Back
Top Bottom