Might & Magic X - Legacy of Shantiri's Ruins

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Ubisoft's official Might & Magic X: Legacy website has been updated with a profile of Shantiri's Ruins. It's one of the locations you will visit during the game.
2013.05.10_MMX_95405.png

"Centuries ago, a great civilization appeared on the shores of the Jade Ocean: the Shantiri Empire. The Shantiris were a gathering of various Elder Races, mostly Humans, Dwarves, Nagas and Elves. The Shantiris spread across the face of the world, building titanic cities and temples.

Then came the Elder Wars. Angels and Faceless, children of Light and Darkness respectively, consumed their hatred in a genocidal war. In a single night, most inhabitants of the Shantiri Empire vanished and their magnificent cities were cast down.

The Agyn Peninsula harbours many Shantiri ruins, attracting all kinds of treasure-hunters and lore-keepers who hope to unlock their secrets, while ignoring the persistent rumours claiming the ruins are haunted – or worse..."
More information.

I have fond enough memories of this series, especially M&M III and M&M VI, that I'm looking forward to this even though I suspect it's prolly gonna suck. Glad somebody is trying to continue what was once such a great franchise.

Let's hope they can revive the old series (MM1 to MM7)

Personally, I found the reboot of HOMM 5+ a bit too drastic. Completely new names, no connection to earlier games anymore ... The graphics were good, however.

And that's why I'm still reserved towards this game, too.

Why not? I actually liked HoMM5 and 6 a lot (much more than 4)
Personally i believe that HOMM 5 is the worst game of the series.
HOMM 6 did some things right but
-it was full of bugs that took them ages to address
-it was given to 3 different developers which led to additional problems
-time and money were spent on the stupid Conflux servers-DRM
-the editor which was always an important part of the series,was next to useless
-A.I problems on skirmish missions ,mainly the A.I. cheating a lot

All in all Heroes franchise was treated like a second grade product by UBI in my opinion and i would rather see it being sold to someone else.

I bet you'll have to play online to see all the benefits....in which case I'll be throwing my money elsewhere. Too bad, I have some great memories of the early M&M games.

-Carn

This is the only non kickstarter rpg I am interested in right now. Sure hope you don't have to be online to play

Pretty sure the devs have already said it is one time online activation and then offline after that.

Didn´t they want to ditch the sci-fi part of older mm? Whats this blue shimmering light in the entrance of the temple?

Didn´t they want to ditch the sci-fi part of older mm? Whats this blue shimmering light in the entrance of the temple?
The ruin is from an elder race of various people living in a Golden Age. I'm sure they had lights, and other marvels not used after the fall. That's not scifi that's regression.

Last edited:
The ruin is from an elder race of various people living in a Golden Age. I'm sure they had lights, and other marvels not used after the fall. That's not scifi that's regression.

Hey, I'd love a return of the Sci-Fi elements! I always wondered what happened to the Acients who had a space empire! That was what I loved about M&M the most: the mysterious sci-fi backstory! Too bad some closed minded people didn't want it.

Yes - in every end-level you needed blaster weapons ... both Wizardry and Might&Magic had a Sci-Fi background.

Back
Top Bottom