August free time finally

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Feel free to skip this topic.

I'll be moving to a different city in August and I will have a few weeks of holidays which means I'm going to attempt to finish my playthrough of the witcher.

Last time I did this I had put a poll up which I ended up not following because the arguments in the thread were what persuaded me, so no poll this time.

After I finish the witcher should I play risen or the witcher 2 ?

I had played through parts of Risen before but had to stop due to work.
I only got to the bandit camp and town but didn't complete much.

I'm thinking I might want a change of pace to the witcher after completing it.

What do you guys think ?

Maybe other suggestions ?

I'd like it to be RPGs because I can only play them when I actually have the time... Strategy games can be played anytime.

Still have the following on my to play list :

Mass effect ( played through until a point where I stopped focussing on the main story and then lost interest)
Divine divinity
And many others

Risen would be good to play next, if you like Gothic you will enjoy Risen. It has a great atmosphere, a pretty nice open-world to explore and interesting RPG mechanics all around that make it a great modern RPG.

I would also throw out the suggestion of Risen 2 which I also just completed. Fantastic game and it really uses the pirate setting to great effect. You don't really need to play Risen 1 first to get the most out of it, either. It's really a fun game once it starts to open up.

After I finish the witcher should I play risen or the witcher 2 ?

I had played through parts of Risen before but had to stop due to work.
I only got to the bandit camp and town but didn't complete much.

Play Risen before TW2.
Bandit camp and the town are about 5% of the game, so you didn't play it much. :)

Mass effect ( played through until a point where I stopped focussing on the main story and then lost interest)
Divine divinity
You should also play DD as soon as possible.
Mass Effect is a tricky thing. I suggest playing ME1, but play ME2 and ME3 only if you've bought all DLC with missions. In the case of ME2&3 EA deliberately sells essential parts of the game story as DLC and that turned me into antiDLC person. Please try to get Bioware Points for cheap somewhere, but do not play ME2&3 without DLC. It feels like like running without one leg.

Play Risen before TW2.
Bandit camp and the town are about 5% of the game, so you didn't play it much. :)

Hey Joxer. Is Risen as big as Gothic? I guess I only played 5% as well because I basically did the Bandit Camp and all quests in the town until I became one of the Don's henchmen or whatever. Is the map really that large with much more to see? I got distracted by another game and never got farther but I want to re-play it sometime soon. It really was a gem of a game.

I've played Gothic (1) so many years ago so am not 100% sure but I'd say Risen (1) is about the same size as Gothic (1).

Play Risen before TW2.

You should also play DD as soon as possible.
Mass Effect is a tricky thing. I suggest playing ME1, but play ME2 and ME3 only if you've bought all DLC with missions. In the case of ME2&3 EA deliberately sells essential parts of the game story as DLC and that turned me into antiDLC person. Please try to get Bioware Points for cheap somewhere, but do not play ME2&3 without DLC. It feels like like running without one leg.

I'm unlikely to play Mass Effect 2 and 3 for a while. Basically, I lack time to play RPGs which require a lot of investment for me.

For now Risen seems to be getting the votes :)

ME2 without DLC is about 40 hours long. (proper) DLCs are about an hour or two more, each. I don't think you lack time for that.

ME3 however is not "only" 40 hours so if you lack of time, do skip it for now.

Forty hours is a long time when working 12 hour days...
By the time I get home at 9pm or so I need to eat and then i am a bit too tired to delve into story heavy RPGs where I need to concentrate.

As a student I could does 4 hours a day gaming with ease which let me get immersed into games.
Unfortunately I only have time on holidays to play these types of games.

During the wavy working weeks I end up playing league of legends, Europa universalis and now paper sorcerer.

Easy games to get into for a few hours

Back
Top Bottom