NWN2 - v1.06 Patch Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The v1.06 patch for NWN2 has officially been released. You can read about it (and the patch notes) in this thread by Obsidian's Nathaniel Chapman. As far as I can see, the changes relate to the toolset and scripting, so I won't print them here.
In other NWN2 news, The Grimm Brigade won Obsidian's recent mod making contest:
The module had some great writing, area designs and a very original concept. Thanks to all those that participated. We had a great time judging this contest and playing all the modules. Stay tuned for a new contest kicking off in the very near future!
More information.

The patch notes in that post are squashed together and near the bottom (of the post, that is) there actually are some useful updates for the average player.

Bug Fixes
General
• “Greater Weapon Specialization (Light Hammer)” will no longer show up as “Greater Weapon Specialization (Flail)”
• The Dedicated Server will now load modules from directories as well as from .mod files. To load a module directory from the command line, use the following parameter:
-moduledir <module name>
• Specular Lighting has been improved. Shiny objects should now look better than before.
• Trees and Objects that fade no longer lose their directional light shadow when faded out.

Scripting
• ActionRest() will now properly utilize the bIgnoreNoRestFlag parameter.
• EffectHeal() can now restore the HP of doors and placeables.
• SetTrapActive() now works on Doors and Placeables as well as triggers.
• SetOrientOnDialog() now functions properly.
• ExportAllCharacters() and ExportSingleCharacters() will write to the server vault.

Effects/Spells/Domains
• Bestow Curse now reduces all of the target’s ability scores by 3 rather than 2.
• Energy Drain no longer allows a saving throw.
• The War Domain has been renamed to the Fury Domain, to allow future implementation of a more D&D-accurate War Domain.
Fixes from v1.06 Beta:
• The Turn Undead ability will now function properly.
• Druids, Rangers and Clerics w/ Animal Domain can properly select their animal companions.

• The toolset will no longer throw an unhandled exception when bringing up the “Will Not Buy…” and “Will Not Sell…” dialogues on store properties.
2DA Changes
The following 2DA files have been changed in v1.06:
• ambientmusic.2da
• appearance.2da
• crafting.2da
• disease.2da
• doortypes.2da
• iprp_bonushp.2da
• iprp_monsterhit.2da
• soundset.2da
• spells.2da
• terrainmaterials.2daW
• visualeffects.2da

This one sounds like a pretty important fix
The Turn Undead ability will now function properly.

I prefer the KILL Undead feature- it's also called a Fireball!! :biggrin:

turn undead that doesn't destroy the creature actually makes them stand there now. Obsidian got so ticked off in playtesting it that they lobbied WotC to let them do that and they agreed.

Players and builders were up in arms mad at them for doing this because a hold might as well be a death anyway.

Obsidian also allowed for a way to reverse this but it turns out to be a Custom Content fix. In NWN1 Turn Undead was only a script. Frustrating!

Damn, guys, you're so lucky. They still didn't fix german voice overs. Since the game was released, the voice overs have been incorrect. At the beginning the old NWN1 sound files were completely in english, than since patch 1.2 the voice overs are german now, but NWN2 is shifting between the different voice files. My male mage is casting a spell with a female voice effect. That's so frustrating...

Just use as "Install-Language" English and the english Version will be installed, at least on my (normal) DVD-Version... works also with Bloodlines to use the english Fan-Patch :)

Yeah, I know, but "unfortunately" I have a german fansite, so I needed german screenshots and descriptions.

There's also an override solution from Micha since September 2006, that's the reason why it is even more annoying that Obsidian didn't fix it until now.

I still want to run through this again ... oh, the time, where to find it ...

Back
Top Bottom