Original Sin - Preview @ Eurogamer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eurogamer has a new preview of Divinity: Original Sin were the writer comes to the conclusion it might be the RPG you've been waiting for.

Larian has a lot ahead of it, and it's an understatement to say that the vision for Divinity: Original Sin is ambitious. Uniting all those systems and ideas into a coherent whole is not going to be easy, but if the developer can succeed then it will have a very singular game to show for it, the likes of which, Vincke suggests, the world has not seen in 20 years.
More information.

I would say the likes of which the world has never seen. Played the beta for a couple of hours, and I must say this feels promising. Together with the latest update from WL2 promising more options in combat (which aside from balance issues was the only real weak spot IMO) this gaming year is looking to be the best in…well, ever.

Well I try not to get too excited (so as to avoid getting too disappointed ;) ). But things generally sound pretty hopeful... "Potential" and "ambitious" seems to be thrown around a lot and that is equal parts good and a bit trepidation inducing at times... or maybe I should stop being a worrywart ;)

From playing around with it I can pretty much guarantee that the game will be good. Better than most other crap that's released these days. But will it be great? I certainly hope so.

Back
Top Bottom