The Walking Dead season premiere tonight

I caught the first airing over here at 9. It was pretty good, but definitely more of a set-up type episode than anything else.

I was a little surprised at the amount of time that passed since the end of Season 2. I guess I was expecting it to pick up from the end of the previous episode.

Recorded it. Might be a few days before I can sit down with it, tho. Did watch the 5 minute preview from Saturday, so I'm primed and ready.

I was pretty good for "set up" type of show like JDR said. Rick is a bit hard-core now, which is nice to see. I still want Lori to die a horrible screaming death, just the very sight of her makes my toes curl.

The new Black samurai chick with the pet zombies should be fun. I guess we'll see next week

I just finished watching the second episode.

"Shit happens" = One of the best scenes in the entire series so far.

I just finished watching the second episode.

"Shit happens" = One of the best scenes in the entire series so far.
Yep, that was a solid one. Carl needs a good ass-whipping, tho.

Yeah, it's still an interesting show. Though I'm getting confused about what makes you a zombie. Chopping off that leg should have made no difference - and the blood was definitely infected way before that. Maybe I'm missing something.

I still carry a powerful loathing for the wife - and the sooner she gets consumed by the walking dead - the more wholesome my soul will be :mad:

You're right that the leg chop doesn't fit. Everyone's a carrier, so bites have to be some sort of accelerant. The bite just has to cause death in some fashion, and they've shown some sort of necrosis effect at bite sites. If it's a blood-borne accelerant, you'd think it was already too late (although they did tourniquet him up immediately, so maybe that's the writers' justification). If it's some sort of tissue-based necrotic effect, I'd think amputation would be overkill, particularly if you address it quickly. Of course, we're probably over-thinking this. ;)

I think they're desperately trying to make the wife more likable by having Rick and Carl treat her like crap. Not working.

There are actually pretty strong character and narrative driven reasons why Rick and Carl are "treating her like crap", so I don't know what it's got to do with the concept of making anyone more "likeable".

I wasn't really convinced by the prisoner group behaviour after first immediately encountering the group; they just seemed too passive and not near territorial enough, especially after witnessing Rick go the hack in the way he did.
Still, it was a pretty funny moment to see them mob rush zombies and the whole scenario provided some good tension.

She had "baby daddy confusion" last season and Rick was still talking to her without malice regularly. Tension, certainly, but not outright nastiness like now. Narrative hasn't changed, but his response has. While you might credit that to his "not a democracy" personality shift, his interactions with the rest of the group seem unchanged, or perhaps even improved. So really, there's no story-based explanation for the change. That leads me to thinking the writers are trying to get some sympathy for a character that pretty much everyone hates.

Well, after they got rid of the Shane character - it seems to me they're trying to combine Shane and Rick in one. The rest of the characters are pretty soft in comparison, excepting the redneck with the excessively implausibly efficient weapon.

Almost jumped out of the couch when the old guy grabbed the wife while she was giving him mouth to mouth resuscitation.
Was so certain she was finally going to get her face eaten off and then.. nothing.
Even if they didnt kill her off that blank perpetually confused expression would atleast make sense if all the nerves in her face were damaged.

I wasn't really convinced by the prisoner group behaviour after first immediately encountering the group; they just seemed too passive and not near territorial enough, especially after witnessing Rick go the hack in the way he did.

After not seeing another normal human for 10 months, I wouldn't expect their initial reaction to be one of instant hostility.

I wonder how the two guys they let live are going to be a factor later on.

Last nights episode was a good one. The leader of Woodberry is one bad dude. The next few episodes should be interesting because this was the best part of the comics coming up.

In the comic one guy died when he got his leg cut off and one guy survived. In the comic they said if you can cut off the limb fast enough then you prevent the infection from spreading. Everyone is already infected remember.

Yeah, but I'm gonna miss T-dog. At least he went down fighting.

One thing is for sure - They're not afraid of knocking off characters in this show. I wonder who's next…

it will be awhile before i watch it as i haven't had cable in over a decade. but after playing the excellent game, probably my "sleeper" game of the year, i finally ponied up and bought season 1 and 2 on dvd a few weeks back. watched episode 4 of season 1 last night and am loving the show.

Killing t-dog felt so wrong and pointless. :S

Well atleast they got rid of Lori. Although to be fair, she was a little less annoying on this season compared to previous seasons. But I won't surely miss her complaining.

And whats up with that blonde girl, Andrea? Trusting the governor so easily… Not the smartest decision.

btw: they should definitely name the baby "T-Dog". Honouring the dude's sacrifice :)

Back
Top Bottom