White Gold - Review @ PC Gamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
PC Gamer follows up their Precursors review with a short review of White Gold. It fairs a little better at 59% but bugs apparently still go the better of them:
“Zombies? That’s ridiculous. It was giant cougars that killed him.” That’s my CIA handler. The one who’s supposed to be keeping a cool head in the midst of anarchy. The one I’m relying on to help me with my mission, to stop the flow of poisonous cocaine out of Colombia that’s killing rappers and starlets. The record company hired me, you see.
White Gold is about as close to an open-world RPG as it is to an FPS. You level up, have an inventory to manage, and upgrade your equipment with brightly coloured boxes. You have standings with each faction, which raise and lower depending on how many of their opposition you kill. In theory, that’s how it all works.
More information.

Bollocks. I don't know what version the reviewer is playing, but mine deserves a higher score than this.

First they give Precursors a ridiculous 47%, and now this? I almost think PC Gamer has some kind of bias against Russian devs.

Precursors probably deserved a 60% without the fan patch...not sure about white gold, haven't played it.

Precursors was a 70-75% to me. Not great, but entertaining for awhile. The concept was a lot better than the actual product.

Precursors was a 70-75% to me. Not great, but entertaining for awhile. The concept was a lot better than the actual product.

I'd say that's a fair statement. I'm in love with the concept and overall creativity, but the execution wasn't all that great. It also seems like it's more than just a little rough around the edges.

Back
Top Bottom