KotOR 3 - Franchise will continue

Garrett

Watchdog
Not really a surprise, but in an interview with Business Week, Nancy MacIntyre, VP of global sales and marketing at LucasArts says, that:
"We’ve also got Star Wars franchises like Knights of the Old Republic and Battle Front that we will not leave behind. It’s very important to us that we grow those franchises."
More information.

Battlefront I can take or leave (though the PSP version has been plenty of mindless fun for me), but I am very much hopeful of further extensions of the KotOR universe. I hope they take significant liberties - jump ahead or back ... or whatever!

I just hope that Lucas Arts gives Obsidian a little more time this go-around... ;)

I think it would be cool if they went back to the very beginnings of the conflict bettween the jedi and the sith.

Well, Nancy MacIntyre is also the stupid bitch who had this to say about the major changes to Star Wars Galaxies last year:
"We really just needed to make the game a lot more accessible to a much broader player base ... There was lots of reading, much too much, in the game ... We wanted more instant gratification: kill, get treasure, repeat. We needed to give people more of an opportunity to be a part of what they have seen in the movies rather than something they had created themselves."

I'm not expecting much in terms of good games from LucasArts anymore. They have unfortunately become a bunch of cheap punks who are just in it to score a few 100K sales based on the (Star Wars) franchise alone. They obviously don't care much about quality and their president Jim Ward has stated time and again that releasing a game on schedule is more important to them than the game's quality.
Definitely not going to get excited about any new game announcements from those lamers...

I'm not expecting much in terms of good games from LucasArts anymore. They have unfortunately become a bunch of cheap punks who are just in it to score a few 100K sales based on the (Star Wars) franchise alone. They obviously don't care much about quality and their president Jim Ward has stated time and again that releasing a game on schedule is more important to them than the game's quality.
Definitely not going to get excited about any new game announcements from those lamers...
... OK ....

But unfortunately LEGO Star Wars II is one of the best games of the year across *all* platforms (except DS & GBA), and is very stable and relatively problem-free, which flies in the face of your logic.

...which flies in the face of your logic.

I wasn't trying to be logical. Just thought this was a good opportunity to flame the living shit out of LucasArts once again :D .

Seriously though, it all depends on the development studio that they work with, of course. If they announced a Jedi Knight IV made by Raven then I would get excited for sure ;) . As for KotOR III, well, I don't want to get into a BioWare or Obsidian flame war (both companies got way too many fanbois so I wouldn't stand a chance anyway), but I wouldn't exactly mind if LucasArts picked someone else for a change.

I wasn't trying to be logical. Just thought this was a good opportunity to flame the living shit out of LucasArts once again :D .
OK, I'm good with that ... given stuff like the Episode I game, Battle for Naboo, and so on - they only reap what they sow ;)
If they announced a Jedi Knight IV made by Raven then I would get excited for sure ;)
I'd be happy with Jedi Knight III :)
As for KotOR III I wouldn't exactly mind if LucasArts picked someone else for a change.
Agreed.

Yesss!! Yet another piece of good news for today (apart from the Relic-related one above). I'm absolutely enthralled to see another installation of the KotOr-saga. Just let there be a decent ending this time around.

How about a decent game BEFORE the ending!! :)

I'd like to see a new jedi knight game. Imo its the best sw game series. I've been fan of it since dark forces 2 jedi knight Hopefully they go back with Mara jade in next game. She was cool in mysteries of the sith :)

I like the KotOR "setting"(the time period, the story around the various wars and so on), so I'd like to see another game in the same setting, maybe prior to KotOR1 as some have mentioned already. Either that or it has to be quite a few years after KotOR2, as it would simply be too much to have yet another Galaxy threatening conflict right after the ones we already know of.

The original was quite good, the second fairly mediocre!!

Sounds to me like they're starting on the third game before they've finished making the second.

Back
Top Bottom