7 Days to Die - Happy New Year

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The developers of 7 Days to Die have a new post on Steam about a new alpha version, and wish everyone a Happy New Year.

Happy New Year Survivalist,

We’d like to thank everyone for making our migration to Steam and our first Holiday Sale an overwhelming success. We’ve been as high as number 4 in the Steam Top Sellers list and stayed in the top fifty consistently in our first 3 weeks and have consistently held a spot in or near the top ten since.

Even though we’ve done a lot of holiday celebration we’ve still found time to get some work done. The word on the street is that Alpha 6 is coming soon and that it will include a slick new metal forging system we hear is pretty freaking awesome! We’ve also heard rumors that the world is much bigger, has many new points of interest and a huge new snow biome to explore with several new snow zombies. Our source has confirmed these features and much, much more will be in Alpha 6! We can hardly wait.
More information.

Fun game but I haven't been playing it that much because while it is a quality alpha it still needs more to it. It's too easy to survive and map is too small (great to read they're expanding it - badly needed IMO).

I'm not into grief-based multiplayer so I'd never play this game for the lame multiplayer, therefore the single and/or co-op PvE side of the game need to be strong, and IMO, that part is good - but can and will be much better with time.

This team is cranking out regular updates and improving the game constantly, and it IS a strong alpha, so it has a lot of potential IMO.

Thanks for the mini review. I was curious. Thought about backing this one, but I backed out. Think I'll wait until it's actually released to look into it further.

Back
Top Bottom