Global Conflict: Palestine - Review @ Eurogamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Sounds like another military shooter, doesn't it? Prime Junta wrote in to point out Eurogamer's review of this interesting "journalism RPG". It sounds like an adventure game to me but the article describes it as an (albeit unconventional) RPG several times and the project might be worth a look at any rate. The score is 6/10 and here's an early snip:
Nabil is one of the many uncomfortably real people you meet while playing this thought-provoking journalism RPG. Where Peacemaker had you sorting out the mess in the Middle East as either the Israeli or Palestinian premier, GC: Palestine has you reporting on it as a humble news-hound. Guide a jogging journo around a stylised Jerusalem/West Bank, seek out folk with stories to tell, harvest their words with the help of the 'Quote' button, then run home to construct a high-scoring article - it's simple.
Except it isn't.
More information.

It is game from a Danish company. This is their website:

http://www.seriousgames.dk/

This game was actually featured in the news in Denmark a few months back. The idea got a positive review - with the previewers being journalists themselves ;)
It is not often that Danish game companies get into the nine o clock news on TV - and get to hear some positive comments about games, too.

Yes, it is an edcuational game that is supposed to be used in say social studies from grade 10-12 in (public) schools in Denmark and every where else - for that matter. The thing is: Young people play computergames, why not take this interest and make into an edcuational experience making it fun to learn :) --- just as Pixeline, another computergames, does.

The thing iis though that I'm afraid I tend to agree with the score in the review given. It is not a very good game...

Back
Top Bottom