South Park RPG - E3 Trailer

Looks awesome, do you suppose any of that was actual gameplay??

Given that their aim is to make it look like the show as much as possible, wouldn't surprise me if the bits in the middle where people fight it out are combat gameplay. Though with the UI hidden (or maybe not finalized yet?).

Looks like fun, really hope they'll poke at all the RPG clichés as much as possible.

The combat towards the end was definitely gameplay. Not sure about the rest…

I have to admit that I am pleasantly surprised.

+1
Any game that allows Eric Cartman to blow flames out of his ass for an AoE attack deserves a chance. :)

i have to say that i was surprised... not entirely bought, but at least more curious than wacthing grass grow.

Looks awesome, as expected. However, I'm kind of disappointed if the setting from the very beginning is the entire town of South Park in ruins. Why does it have to be so dark? I understand it's an RPG but I wouldn't have minded a more lighthearted game, like a Paper Mario game or something. I dunno. It does look good though and I am excited to play it when it comes out.

Looks awesome, as expected. However, I'm kind of disappointed if the setting from the very beginning is the entire town of South Park in ruins. Why does it have to be so dark? I understand it's an RPG but I wouldn't have minded a more lighthearted game, like a Paper Mario game or something. I dunno. It does look good though and I am excited to play it when it comes out.

I highly doubt it is like that at all. They have talked about how strange mapping the town out was and how when you enter a house it looks like what it looks like in the tv show, so it's likely you operate in a "normal" South Park at some point. I would guess that the town burning is part of an elaborate imaginary fantasy of the South Park kids at most. I think the fake apocalyptic scenario would fit with their goal of poking fun at epic RPG cliches.

I'm not a SP fan, as I said earlier - still, this looks kinda fun.

March next year? Thought it was closer than that. Ah well.

As a fan of RPG's and South Park all I can say is, YAY! :D

Daniel.

I'm guessing it's a vision or prophecy and they have to stop it from happening. That, or they travel back in time to stop it. After all, I seriously doubt they'll kill the teacher in a game.

My biggest concern is that the combat may be based on JRPGs like old Final Fantasy. Both sides line up, you give your command for each character, and off you go. I guess there are worse ways to go, but I'm setting my expectations pretty low when it comes to the depth of combat.

My biggest concern is that the combat may be based on JRPGs like old Final Fantasy. Both sides line up, you give your command for each character, and off you go. I guess there are worse ways to go, but I'm setting my expectations pretty low when it comes to the depth of combat.

wow, what was the last FF game you played? I don't think they've used that system in like 10 years

Back
Top Bottom